Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Volvo C30 anyone got/had one…?
  • jonny-m
    Free Member

Looking at a 2nd car for the wife and she fancies one of these.
    Any good?
    Any owner real world reviews

Looking at the R design version but which engine to go for?
    More importantly if I have to use it will I fit a bike in the back…

fizik
    Free Member

I had one, it used to fit my 29er in the back plus another bike. Bit awkward through the rear door but otherwise ok for bikes. Very comfy, handles ok, really good quality interior (much better than focus its built on) and feels solid. Running costs were ok and unlike my V70 didn’t eat tyres. I had the 2.4 d5 in manual, it was a bit of a rocket…..either the T5 or D5 would be my choice… the 5 cylinder warble makes up for its hairdresser looks.

jonny-m
    Free Member

Front wheel off rear seats folded I guess…..

fizik
    Free Member

Both wheels off unfortunately. The seats do fold for a nice flat load bay though.

bearnecessities

Logging interest as thinking of downsizing to one of these when house done.

toofarwest

Had mine two years now (T5 2009 model) used to put the bike in the back with both wheels off but bought roof bars and a Thule rack to make things easier.

project
    Free Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_C1_platform

might as well buy a ford focus same platform and engines, just longer name badge.

Dolcered

I’ve had one for 8 years, 129,000 on it now.

Bikes all go in fine with front wheel off. Not much of a boot, only 4 seats.

Car claims to be averaging 50 mph from 1.6d

whippersnapper
    Free Member

I have a 1.8 r design. I like it a lot simply because it’s so comfortable, you could get a focus I suppose but there’s something about Volvo seats, I challenge you to find a comfier seat for a long journey. The engine, well, it works, it lacks a bit of oomph in an ideal world but in the real world any quicker it would only get me in to trouble. I have had 2 29ers plus 2 6’5″ers and kit in it for a week, once you’ve learnt to pack it it’s fine. Oh, it looks nice too.

fizik
    Free Member

The d5 isnt a ford engine and not available in a focus. Had a focus ST and also a c30, some similarities but the c30 felt much more solid to drive, no interior creaks or rattles either, quite different really.

Marge
    Free Member

Lovely car and so much better than a Ford Focus (much to Fords annoyance)

D5 auto is a lovely combination.

Rear space isn’t fantastic but its quite accessible even with the funky glass rear door

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Second the Volvo seats – best car seats full stop.

Shares a lot of its heritage with the S40/V50/Focus/ Mazda 3.

The T5 petrol engine is the same engine as the ST focus last of the 5 cyclinder turbos (albeit low pressure). Intercooler, DP, exhaust, air filter and a tune and its good for 300bhp.

Driving experience is nicer than a ford Focus, especially with the R design with the firmer suspension which is stiff but not as harsh as the Focus ST suspension.

retro83
    Free Member

I had one for a month or so while my focus was being repaired.

Nice interior, good radio, looked nice from the outside, but, ride was worse than the focus, handling worse than the focus, boot entrance was a bit awkward. I don’t think it was an R-design one though.

If the boot is not an issue, then they’re a nice enough car to use.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Volvo C30 anyone got/had one…?’ is closed to new replies.