Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • vittoria morsa experiences
  • freeriding
    Free Member

Has anyone ridden this tyre?

I consider it for rear use.

-How is the grip in dry-wet?

-Rolling resistance?

-Durability?

How does it compare to the maxxis aggressor?

Shred
    Free Member

I can’t compare that tyre, but can offer comment on Vittoria. I got a Mezcal to replace a Schwalbe Racing Ralph as my rear tyre after suffering a lot of punctures.

The Mezcal went on to the rim easily, pumped up tubeless with a track pump (always needed an air shot with the RaRa), and has been a good rear tyre in mixed conditions, which is what I was looking for, but then I ride XC/Marathon rather than anything big.

I’ll be looking at other vittoria tyres in the future when I need a change.

freeriding
    Free Member

thanks. anyone with morsa?

leegee

I’ve had an eye on it for ages just because of the Graphene. I haven’t found much feedback

breadcrumb

I have a Morsa on the rear of my Unit.

Hard to gauge in some ways due to the Chronicle up front. It breaks out in a controlled manner, rear drift seems to happen easily but not in a savage, put you on your arse, kind of way.

It was exceedingly tight going on a WTB i23, not looking forward to removing it. But inflated tubeless easily.

Most of the time I don’t notice it, which can only be a good thing really.

Can’t comment on wear, I’ve only put about 50-60 miles on it.

olly2097
    Free Member

Got morsas on both ends. Roll well but not as good in the wet as my old hans dampfs.

Very round profile as well. Left me with <10mm clearance on the bridge on my rear triangle.

freeriding
    Free Member

hans dampf pacestar? highly doubt hd pacestar is better in the wet.

goffy63
    Free Member

I’ve run a Morsa on the front for 6 months. Nice tyre, fast rolling with a High Roller tread style. But even though it looks similar to the Maxxis the grip is not as good when on the outer tread. In loose over hard pack i have a lot more confidence in the High Roller 2, the outer edge compound is far better than the 4c graphine from Vittoria.
    The Morsa may just edge it in faster rolling though, so may be ok on the rear.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘vittoria morsa experiences’ is closed to new replies.