Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Valentine Request – Where Can I buy a Wild Bird?
  • SirJonLordofBike
    Free Member

…. So In our garden we have a rather noisy but cool pheasant who lives in/around a tree, he often wanders around the garden and in the fields behind clucking away, often waking me at first light. My wife has decided he is lonely and looking for a mate, she’s probably right he’s been doing the same thing for a few years, so we have decided to try and find one (or two) to introduce for him….. does anyone have one or know where to get some female pheasants from?

Theres also a lonely barn owl who we would like a partner for (if i do an owl call he loiters for a very long time, so i’m told he’s lonely too!) but owls are probably harder to get than pheasants

Although i sound like a dating agency for wild lonely birds, I’m serious about getting one – any ideas please?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I have several pheasants. In my freezer, waiting for the pot.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

NOT A LIE

there are two Barn Owls in my dad’s freezer

woody2000

I doubt very much he’s (she’s?) looking for a mate, they’re quite capable of finding one by themselves. Donate some money to protecting some rare species instead would be my solution

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Wot woody says. Owls always come when called – they want to know who the new owl is. As for pheasants – it will have escaped from the local shoot. I doubt its the same one for a few years. Possible tho

noteeth
    Free Member

a dating agency for wild lonely birds

They’re the best/worst kind!

woody2000

noteeth – 😆

Why didn’t I think of that!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Valentine Request – Where Can I buy a Wild Bird?’ is closed to new replies.