Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Using an Apple charger plug for a Samsung – will I die?
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I have a charger plug and USB lead for my iPad 2 that charges the iPad nice and quickly. If I use the other charger plug I have it takes many hours to charge.

I guess the Apple charger shoves more electricity down the wire, technically speaking.

If I use the Apple plug and Samsung USB cable to charge my phone will it charge faster or damage the phone?

Don’t really want to carry two plug with me if I don’t need to

allthegear
    Free Member

It will be fine – the device actually has to ask for the extra current to be delivered – it doesn’t just shove it down the line!!

Rachel

Mister-P
    Free Member

I have been charging Samsung Galaxy phones with an iPhone white plug and a USB cable for years without incident. I lost the Samsung charger within about a week of getting my S2 and as my housemate is Apple mad I just pinched one of her plugs.

paladin

The charger doesn’t shove the electric, the device pulls what it needs through it.
    The charger is limited as to how much can be pulled through it, so your apple one has a higher rating than the other one.
    Either will be fine, I use a Remington one for my nexus, phone, and shaver.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

I never think about it, if USB is involved at either end, I will just plug it in to anything that uses USB.

Cougar

I never think about it, if USB is involved at either end, I will just plug it in to anything that uses USB.

That’s fine so long as the thick end is up to the job. If you plug an iPad into a Happy Shopper charger it’ll take about ten years to charge (or whine that it can’t and sit there petulantly with its bottom lip out).

miketually
    Free Member

That’s fine so long as the thick end is up to the job. If you plug an iPad into a Happy Shopper charger it’ll take about ten years to charge (or whine that it can’t and sit there petulantly with its bottom lip out).

My daughter’s iPod won’t charge at all on anything less than 700mA. My Samsung will drain the battery faster than it charges on that adapter, but at least it slows it down a little 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If you plug an iPad into a Happy Shopper charger

you should jump off a cliff for not respecting the brand 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Using an Apple charger plug for a Samsung – will I die?’ is closed to new replies.