Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Upgrading the forks on camber 29er
  • TomZesty
    Free Member

Has anyone fitted longer travel forks (120 – 130mm) to their camber 29er?

A search around suggests that specialized are happy for travel to be increased by 10? but I can’t find that officially on their website. Also, since the new 2014 evo camber has 120mm forks and the same frame as my 2013 camber comp, that would suggest I could run 130mm forks?

warns74
    Free Member

I think youre on the right lines with your calculation but it might be worth emailing the Spesh UK helpdesk to check, that way if something does happen you at least have proof. They are really helpful and will let you know exactly what the warranty limitations are on your particular frame.

I did this when I was building up a stumpy fsr 29er and this was the response:

You can run 140mm forks on your bike with no real issues. 150mm it’s the max you can run on that frame without voiding the frame warranty but you may find the handling isn’t as good. Depending on the frame 10-20mm is the max, which is why you do get the 10/20% on the website (Evo’s for example already have a 10mm longer travel fork so only can take another 10mm max).

cnud
    Free Member

Got a 120mm reba on my 2013, no problem. Not the best fork in the world but the travel is fine

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Put a 120mm X-Fusion Slide on mine and it was just fine .

Northwind

I put 130mm in my 26er Camber and it rode a lot better than standard.

TomZesty
    Free Member

Thanks for the responses guys. Think I’ll email specialized to check then about 130mm ones. If not 120mm should do.

tonyg2003

Still running the 110m Fox on my Camber Carbon 29er but a friend has upgraded his to 130mm bolt through. I do think that the 130mm would be good. I often find I’ve used almost all the travel on mine. They are quick bikes!!

TomZesty
    Free Member

For anyone interested Specialized UK got back to me and said you can run up to a 130mm fork on the Camber 29er. The rule was up to 20mm more travel than standard on most of their bikes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Upgrading the forks on camber 29er’ is closed to new replies.