Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Unwanted visitor – help!
  • rascal
    Free Member

Brief background… I did a long overdue tip-run in the wife’s car on Sat after a garage clearout.

She ended up getting the bus into work instead of driving this morning…because she thought she saw a tail by the handbrake! When I got home I went out armed with chocolate and head torch and waited…sure enough a tiny mouse scuttled out from somewhere by the driver footwell. Cheeky bugger tried to make a bolt with half a Crunchie and hid again!

How do I get the little sod before he munches through the car itself??

Some helpful tips would be appreciated along with the inevitable comedy ones 😉

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Kill it with fire. Or a mousetrap.

simmy
    Free Member

Whatever you do get it out ASAP, they have a good appetite for wiring looms.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    maccruiskeen

Mousetrap baited with a bit of sticky soft-centred chocolate

RustySpanner

Take it to an exhaust place – might need a new cat.

Sorry.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

When our cat brings them in, sadly I need to get them out and a bit of chocolate on a trap works a treat. We have the traps from Screwfix and work pretty well.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

If you do get the cat, just get it to eat some cheese and wait by the car door with baited breath.

Dickyboy

tempt it out of hiding with sultanas then whistle a happy tune as you lead it to your most hated neighbours house all pied piper like

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Shotgun.

hora
    Free Member

Expose yourself

properbikeco
    Free Member

Leave car running in garage to CO poison it!

(second thoughts not don’t!!!)

maccruiskeen

Expose yourself

I’ll show you yours if you show me mine.

bagpuss
    Free Member

If you want to keep it alive then you can get suitable traps in garden centres etc. Peanut butter, chocolate etc. then release it.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

mark90
    Free Member

Shotgun

This, same for anyone who eats half my crunchie

Neil-F
    Free Member

Just tell her you got it, it’ll be funny! 😀

mcmoonter
    Free Member

+1 for catch it quick, today it’s the Crunchie, tonight it’ll be your wiring loom. Bloke at the lodge had his Porche and Range Rover looms eaten by mice, when the finished that they ate his leather seats.

Mouse trap and peanut butter FTW

Sandwich

or

sobriety
    Free Member

If you’ve anything standing in the garage check its airbox, they like to nest in them!

rascal
    Free Member

Saw him earlier, but saw me…and promptly hid again.
    I think he’s wised up to me as he (it) won’t be tempted out now, even by banana! (no peanut butter).
    Just froze waiting for a reappearance…looks like bus again tomorrow until we get a trap.

drlex
    Free Member

I’ll echo McMoonter’s tale (?tail); had to replace the fuel tank on a Discovery 3 after a rodent nibbled through the elbow on the top.

dobo
    Free Member

my gf once sold a car which had the back seats eaten by a mouse, not the covers, they were perfect condition but the insides were eaten through and very squishy… always test your back seats 🙂

find stray cat, starve cat, put cat in car, cat not starving = mouse gone 😉

petrieboy

assuming the car isnt otherwise full of sweeties, the upshot is it should already be pretty hungry so should fall for a trap in minutes. downside is it might have already munched the wiring loom. good luck!!

therealhoops
    Free Member

155mm M777 Howitzer. It’s TITANIUM and everything so only needs a four man crew. Put chocolate in the barrel, wait and then BOOM!

molgrips
    Free Member

Take it to an exhaust place – might need a new cat.

What a pro!

I like the snake idea. Then, to get rid of the snake, you can put an eagle in there. Then, to get rid of the eagle, put in a gamekeeper.

dobo
    Free Member

what speed camera do you need exactly to capture a shot of a shell from a 155mm M777 Howitzer in Titanium?

boltonjon

I once trapped a live mouse in the safe at work to frighten the secretary

She wasn’t happy

2 weeks later, we hid a dead one on the sun visor of her Austin Metro

She was really unhappy when it dropped on her lap at 70mph 🙂

watsontony
    Free Member

When our cat brings them in, sadly I need to get them out and ay bit of chocolate on a trap works a treat. We have the traps from Screwfix and work pretty well.

your cat is a bitch….. my cat used to leave with the entire contents of various small animals at the bottom of the stair for us nearly every night.

nicko74

hora – Member

Expose yourself
    😯

jekkyl

Sell the car before he does any damage

footflaps

I can post you one of our cats – real killing machines, just take a look at this one, have you ever seen anything more mean?

Jeff the killing machine by brf, on Flickr

iain1775
    Free Member

How big is the mouse?

Fraz
    Free Member

I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure

iain1775
    Free Member

rascal
    Free Member

FF, can I borrow Jeff?…he looks a real nasty mutha!

iain1775
    Free Member

Sending in a duck to get it out won’t work

grantway
    Free Member

One of these in each foot well

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxLESfZSqOM[/video]

garage-dweller

Bombers? Marzocchi or tactical nuclear.

Or spill a steaming hot latte in there after two days and scrubbing with febreze the smell will be so unbearable the mouse will offer itself to the cat and even if it has chewed the loom its ok because you won’t you will not want to use the car either. I definitely did not have to smell gone off milk and cofee.through the whole of december.

footflaps

FF, can I borrow Jeff?…he looks a real nasty mutha!

Yep, but you need training and a chain mail suit – I wouldn’t want anything unfortunate to happen to you, especially after he caught and ate our elderly neighbour last week – she was putting the washing out and he just pounced on her and tore her limb from limb before anyone could get the catnip out to distract him.

CountZero

deadlydarcy – Member
    If you do get the cat, just get it to eat some cheese and wait by the car door with baited breath.

Boom, and, quite possibly, tish! 😆
    I look forward to threads like this, they never disappoint.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Unwanted visitor – help!’ is closed to new replies.