Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Unusual obstacle in the road…
  • cb

VW camper 15 feet up a tree by the road in France – was just after the floods last summer in Southern France.

tony_m
    Free Member

While trundling down a nice little lane on my usual rural road loop, I came across a pile of assorted bits of wood and formica totally blocking the way. The chaps from the council who were standing around waiting for a big enough vehicle to come and take it away reckoned it was the entire insides of a caravan. No idea what happened to the outside of it…

Also came across a dead armadillo once, but this was in rural Mississippi so probably not too unusual.

NZCol

I was riding behind a van when a 25kg bag of spuds came out and I hit them.
    A stag when it decided to jump between our car and our caravan. Not good.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sharki
    Free Member

Also came across a dead armadillo once, but this was in rural Mississippi so probably not too unusual.

[quote]

Just because it’s normal for the locals, it doesn’t mean you can get away with that sort of filth.

Xylene
    Free Member

An elephant.

Rounded a corner and nearly hit it in the dark, because it didn’t have it’s red tail light on.

True story

Smarty
    Free Member

Was this on a trunk road???

Xylene
    Free Member

Was this on a trunk road???

Nope.

City centre, outside the 7-11 near my house.

I once got chased by angry elephants as well, but that was another story

toby1

Just a wheel that rolled from the middle lane into the central reservation of the M1, no idea how I missed it, or what it had been attached to, but was glad to get the hell out of there at the time.

Kunstler

Biking back from a mini music festival I was on a quiet single width country road when a car approached from behind. I pulled over to let the car pass but no sooner had it done so – it stopped, blocking my path.
    I was wary of the driver’s intentions so hestitantly I came alongside the car and shouted to the driver asking if everything was okay.

“Well I’m allright but I’m not sure about him”. He pointed in front of the car. I moved forward and saw a young farmer laid out fast asleep in the middle of the lane. His toes nearest the bumper so he was uplit in the headlights make quite an eery site.
    I gave him a gentle shake and he leapt up and fell towards the hedge before staggering off down the road.

I thought about it afterwards and realised that if I hadn’t been where I was to slow the car down it might have gone straight the poor blighter.

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

once nearly ran an alligator over this was in florida in the everglades they don’t half move quick when you get close same trip had a cop point a gun at me 😯

tony_m
    Free Member

sharki – Member

Just because it’s normal for the locals, it doesn’t mean you can get away with that sort of filth.
    Well, you know how the saying goes – when in Morgan City*, do as the Morgan Citizens do. 😉

* looking for (one of) Robert Johnson’s grave(s)

pacemaker
    Free Member

+1 for an alligator in Florida.
    Also came across an 8ft Gator on the doorstep of the pizza shop in a torrential rainstorm, they use the stormdrains to move around and it must have popped up out of the wrong one.(i retreated back into he shop pretty quickly!)

gusamc
    Free Member

truly

mate on a motorbike, very early morning, black leathers, really going for it onto the motorway at a rural junction, slide, bang, big wipeout, bike in the shrubbery, he’s lying in the middle lane, concious, but can’t move, a couple of lorries go past on inside lane …, anyway a passing shpepherd sees him, comes down and ties a white collie to him and goes for help, next lorry stops, and I quote ‘but where did you get the dog from ?’

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Hundreds* of rainbow trout.

1995, driving into Ullapool from works base in Achiltibuie one Friday evening, rounded the corner into Ardmair Bay and there they were. We gathered up as many as we could and feasted on them for the next fortnight.

* Well, tens.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Unusual obstacle in the road…’ is closed to new replies.