Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Unnofficial Sherwood Pines Trail Map
  • thefallguy
    Free Member

If anyone is interested?

puddle-rider
    Free Member

Seen this before but not as useful as it may seem as you need local knowledge to follow it on the ground. Sherwood could do with a few key sign posts at fire road junctions much like Swinley has, at least that way you have an idea of where the car park is. Mind you I never mind getting lost as I constantly find new trails, can’t find them again though! 😆

will
    Free Member

The trail isn’t complete yet, once it is there will be a whole host of sign posts.

skiprat
    Free Member

Yep, thats cleared that right up!! Makes about as much sense as it does on the ground!! Went the other week and have to say that it could do with alot more signs, bits just seam to go round and round.

When we got going tho, we did have a good time so will be back.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

skiprat, if you’re interested in a local tour round, give me a shout when you’re next over this way & I’ll see if I’m about or some of the other locals. We’ve been riding there since ’94 so know it pretty well

skiprat
    Free Member

Thanks Goldenwonder, i’ll let you know when we’re there next. Like i said, we enjoyed it when we got into it, theres some nice flowing paths there, be great when its a bit dryer too!!

goldenwonder
    Free Member

It’s pretty good at the moment now it’s drained off loads, much more predictable without the 3″ of sludge on the top!
    There’s loads to go at now, miles of which will never get signed

abductee
    Free Member

Thats a nice map. There was one similar on here a while ago from someone called pinenut (before singletrack forum was reborn).

I have just set up a website about Sherwood Pines. Would It be OK to link to your map?

There are sign posts all the way around the light blue (Kitchener trail) route but they don’t have arrows on them pointing in the right direction.

http://www.sherwoodpines.synthasite.com

thefallguy
    Free Member

Cheers abductee, I’m happy for you to link to the map, I can email a high quality pdf if you wish. it was born out of me wanting to string together routes for our regular wednesday night rides, and I know it may be hard to follow but I posted it as it seems better than the one Paul at the shop can offer riders.

Pinenut was my previous incarnation, but as I tend to fall off a lot… new name

ji
    Free Member

I would welcome a high qualioty version too please – justin at louthnet dot com

thanks

sofaking
    Free Member

how about a little stw gathering sometime over the next few weeks ?

Pook

I’m well up for that! STW gathering – excellent!!

MadPierre

STW gathering at Shady Pines? Eeeee! I remember when…http://www.mountainbikerides.co.uk/photos_section/stwride.htm

simonm
    Free Member

are the new trails done yet ?

MadPierre

are the new trails done yet ?

not finished yet

sem
    Free Member

TFG,

Could I also get the PDF version please. E-mail in my profile.

Cheers!

Pook

14th March anyone?

runswithscissors

pdf here please…tlyons10@aol.com

Pook

ooh, pdf me too please
    chris at soundhouse-media.co.uk

MadPierre

If you send the pdf to me I can stick it on a web server and put a download link here. Save you a load of emails….

thefallguy
    Free Member

pdf’s sent to all that have asked, cheers for the offer of the link Pad Pierre, hope you have received the pdf.

STW gathering sounds like a good idea, anyone care to mention a day?

MadPierre

It’s now available to download here: http://www.mountainbikerides.co.uk/routes/other/PinesTrails.pdf

When I get a mo I’ll stick an option to download on my site (if that’s ok?). I’m happy to credit you when I do….

Pook

14th March? i’ve made it a new thread up top, but me and a mate we’re on about doing it then anyway – it’d be good to meet you all

will
    Free Member

Could well be interested in this. As i’m home that weekend.

abductee
    Free Member

Thanks fallguy. I am abductee3 at g00g1em4i1 dot com.

I’ve been for another ride round today and its really muddy.

Low point – MUD

High point – the new section that has recently been built marked on your map filthy black and old woods.

I am uploading some more video to my website but it’s all at a walking pace because of the MUD

http://www.synthasite.sherwoodpines.com

dawson

@abductee – your site seems to be down.

i’ve been lurking on STW for the past couple of weeks, but joined today due to the interest in Sherwood Pines! (i only live in Worksop so its quite close for me)

EDIT – @abductee – ignore me – i have just re-read this thread and spotted your ‘deliberate mistake’ – (you’d think people would know their own domain name… 😉

james
    Free Member

“High point – the new section that has recently been built marked on your map filthy black and old woods”

They were there in december, Has nothing more been built since then?

On the original map, do you have a key for it?
    Obviously blue is the Kitchener trail

What are fat white lines? All the kitchener is on fat white lines, but it can’t be singletrack as theres singletrack bits I know signified only as red dashed lines?
    So are red dashed lines? Non kitchener singletrack?

Presumably fat brown lines are the big wide fireroads?

Are narrow red solid lines the 1-2m tracks? In which case, what are red lines overlaid onto fat white lines?

Please help

thefallguy
    Free Member

abductee: do you want one mailed to your new address?

James, there is some crossover as the new trails utilise some of what was already there before.

Key to Trails as follows….

solid white line with blue centre = Kitchener trail

solid white lines = Most popular singletrack or routes I use most

Solid Red lines = original (pre Kitchener) doubletrack

Dashed red lines = original singletrack

smaller dash red lines = original singletrack + more technical /overgrown/ muddy etc

brown lines = fireroads and doubletrack

hope this helps

abductee
    Free Member

Thefallguy – Either address will do. Thanks very much.

Dawson – Sorry I was being a muppet. here it is again
    http://www.sherwoodpines.synthasite.com

James – I have been missing out the filthy black part of the route because it was filthy and black. I was surprised to find they had done it.

The video I took was all choppy when I uploaded it so I will have to convert it again.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Unnofficial Sherwood Pines Trail Map’ is closed to new replies.