Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Unique Reverb fitment problem!?
  • snotrag

Well I wasn’t expecting this. Done all my research, measured twice, Compared all the tables of dimensions of all the dropper options. As for once I am ‘on trend’ and my 19″ Trek Stache is stealth ready, I bought a 125mmdrop, 380mm post Reverb stealth.

Lined up against the frame, perfect. Split the hose, feed it through the downtube porthole, and it doesn’t go down low enough!

The distance from top of seat tube to porthole is too little, such that the reverb cannot drop low enough in the frame without the hose kinking over.

See? A to B is not long enough to allow the post to drop in. What I’ve never seen mentioned is that distance C to D is critical, and effectively has to be added on to the stated 380mm post length. You can see how the hose began to kink before I realised what was happening. Bloody nightmare, now what!

honourablegeorge

Your stealth hole is oddly high on the frame

Might be able to replace the connectamagig hose with an old stlye one to reduce C-D measurement

jam-bo

You’ve got a connectamajig in there by the looks of it. It can be removed.

snotrag

A what now? The black piece? (I have no instruction book with the reverb)

honourablegeorge

Connectamagig is Rock Shox’ term for the wee quick release coupler on the end of the post – that’s making the C-D distance long.

You may be able to remove that bit and connect the hose direct to the post,

snotrag

Smashing – that might *just* give me enough length!

honourablegeorge

I’m not 100% that you can do it, but older models didn’t have a connectamajig and the hose attached directly

Rubber_Buccaneer

I just made the same mistake. Measured three times and didn’t allow for the connectamajig. Replace it with an old style strain relief and you will gain about 3cm no more. No connectamajig but I can’t say it matters to me. I think the strain relief was about £8

Rubber_Buccaneer

BTW I got mine from Merlin, it replaces the silver and black bits. Looking at your picture it will do just what you need

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Is that a *gulp* triple I see?

singlespeedstu

howsyourdad1 – Member
    Is that a *gulp* triple I see?

Worse than that he seems to be in the granny and near the lower end of the cassette. 😛
    Just remove the conectamathingy and join the hose to the post direct.
    Should just about have enough room then.

golo
    Free Member

You may not want to spend more money but Enduro Mag just reported about this:

http://enduro-mtb.com/en/bikeyoke-announces-alternative-reverb-remote-tuning-parts/
    http://bikeyoke.mysimplestore.com/products/dehy-base-kit
    http://bikeyoke.mysimplestore.com/products/dehy-complete-kit

Look at the second photo. Should solve your problem. Also lets you get rid of the faffy hydraulic connection.

leeroybrown
    Free Member
    andyl
    Free Member

Does the connectamajig hose have a crimped on end fitting? If so then you might find someone with a none connectamajig hose to swap with you.

I have been waiting years for someone to realise that you just make a small hydraulic remote and mount it to the post and then use a cable.

Quite tempted by one

Northwind

It’s been more or less settled, but leeroybrown’s link is spot on.

snotrag

New hose barb and strain relief ordered, hopefully will just give me the insertion required. I suppose I’ll get away with a smidge more height at the saddle than I run with a regular post too. Will report back.

Having looked at other frames, the Trek to ‘porthole’ does seem quite high up.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Unique Reverb fitment problem!?’ is closed to new replies.