Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • UKs smallest trail centre?
  • Euro
    Free Member

Here’s Blessingbourne, in Co. Tyrone. It’s only little – a 6km loop and pump track. Family orientated trail with very little elevation. Dry and fun. Is it the smallest trail centre in the UK?

Little vid from last sunday…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjw95_aR4KE&hd=1[/video]

iain1775
    Free Member

Assuming to qualify as a ‘trail centre’ there has to be on site facilities like a shop/cafe then –

Hicks Lodge in the National Forest, Leicestershire has a totally flat 7km blue and a path around a lake, no pump track But it did host an NPS XC race this year

Comrie Croft near Crieff in Scotland has a 6km red w black bits (and despite being short is totally brilliant)

xcgb
    Free Member

Awww Bless……

😛

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Is that a rossi leg wave?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Makes coed trawllm look like the 7 stanes!

Euro
    Free Member

Assuming to qualify as a ‘trail centre’ there has to be on site facilities like a shop/cafe

The facilities are in the town up the road. It does have portaloos, a carpark and a map on a board. They’re planning a shop and another 6km of trail for the next phase (fingers crossed).

Is that a rossi leg wave?

The surface was pretty loose in the corners and we were in hallion mode 😉 .

Crag
    Free Member

South Barrule on the Isle of Man is about 300 yards. Not sure of its centre status though!

d45yth
    Free Member

iain1775 – Member

Assuming to qualify as a ‘trail centre’ there has to be on site facilities like a shop/cafe then

I wouldn’t have said that a trail centre has to have any facilities except the trails. A few of the Seven Stanes have nothing but a car park and portaloo…I guess many would still say they’re a trail centre though?

_tom_
    Free Member

Scartree/Wakerley Woods is tiny and I think counts as a trail centre.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

if you count leigh woods and ashton court as separate entities, i reckon they may be smaller!

flatfish
    Free Member

Yer Tiz Trail in Leigh Woods is only 3.75k long.

Beat that.

Junkyard
    Free Member

stainburn?

scaredypants

same as everywhere – trails OK, carpark full of cocks 😀

looks a bit loose, unless you were deliberately skidding it up. Brand new ?

DavidB
    Free Member

Swindon Croft Trails..it’s got a car park

Ashley
    Free Member

Moors Vally in Ringwood is about 7km – but no berms or anythign to make it flow too well. There is also a MTB play park section with a worse pump track than that too

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I would have thought Stainburn.

It has toilet facilities – a bush.

rusty90
    Free Member

Cwm Rhaeadr is only 6.7Km – small but perfectly formed.

xiphon
    Free Member

Billinge Woods, Blackburn.

The two trails ‘Tricky sixty’ and ‘Trail of two trees’ are both approximately 600m in length and when completed as a circuit offer cyclists roughly 2 miles of mountain biking pleasure.

About 2 miles!

http://www.blackburn.gov.uk/server.php?show=ConWebDoc.52452

seosamh77
    Free Member

if yer classing that as a trail centre, pollock park is smaller.

Nobby
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

stainburn

+1

The red is a short decent, then a climb, then a choice of 2 decents. all fit’s in one average sized field.

The black is about the same length, but takes longer to ride as it’s just an acre of forest, covered in rocks with arrows spray painted telling you which rocks to ride over!

globalti
    Free Member

Seconded for Billinge Woods, Blackburn. I would even dispute the 2 miles claim.

greeble
    Free Member

garw nant has a tiny trail center

coffeeking
    Free Member

Assuming to qualify as a ‘trail centre’ there has to be on site facilities like a shop/cafe

Why does a trail centre have to have facilities?

greeble
    Free Member

so where does Brechfa stand?

ads678

+1 for Stainburn.

It might be small but it is good. Official stuff = 2 short reds, and a few blacks in the woods. quite techy and pretty fast. But Loads of unofficial stuff over the road, which does make a bit bigger. More of a sessioning type of place rather than a 2 hour loop.

Good for getting your skillz down!!

Euro
    Free Member

scaredypants – Member
    same as everywhere – trails OK, carpark full of cocks

Haha. Vicious wee cocks too. I’d just fed him when he attacked!

It was opened last year and it’s kinda in the arse end of nowhere though so I don’t think it gets that much traffic. No skidz but it’s very loose in places. Makes a nice change from sliding about in the mud. Put me in the mood to visit the big centres on the mainland.

headfirst
    Free Member

There’s a 1km trail centre in the woods near Hebden Bridge.

midlifecrashes

Doncaster, got a gap jump and everyfink…

jacksonwwirl
    Free Member

euro is it worth the drive up ?

Andy-W
    Free Member

Did a 1000 mile round trip last summer to ride the Hills and Forests of Kintyre but never made it to this bad boy !

http://www.campbeltown.info/activities/mountainbiking/index.htm

Muke
    Free Member

Gotta love the Mini Drome 😀

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kghtRevkUJA[/video]

Euro
    Free Member

jacksonwwirl – Member
    euro is it worth the drive up ?

How far up? We had a 1.5 hour journey and I knew what to expect after taking the family when it first opened. No big climbs or descents, and the trail (with optional red bits) is fairly tame but has some decent flowing singletrack in places. If you don’t mind doing the same loop a few times and are happy to play on a pump track then it’s worth a visit. At the very least you’ll go home mud free.

JEngledow
    Free Member

The mini velodrome looks like a great event, I’m gonna have to keep my eyes open in case they do it again!

MrSmith
    Free Member

the south’s premier downhill/uplift venue ‘Barry Knows Best’ in Londons famous Surrey freeride spot of peaselake is the smallest trail center in the u.k. it has ample parking right in the village center, cafe/bike shops and a full time team of experienced friendly trailbuilders.

rockhopper70

Hurstwood.
    1.7 Km and it has a sign stating what direction you ride in.
    Used as a skills base though for a famous MTB instructor.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘UKs smallest trail centre?’ is closed to new replies.