Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • UKIP Jihad John tweet
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

Fair comment in context or insensitive UKIP member being a cock…

discuss…

wanmankylung
    Free Member

There is no discussion needed – UKIP member being a cock.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Prick, the standard requirement for a UKIP candidate. Basic case of internet hard man

wilko1999
    Free Member

Difficult one. UKIP member or not, he probably just said what a lot of people might think. The issue is social media gives people an outlet to speak to millions before they think. So I think its a combination of your two options.

wrecker
    Free Member

One prick tweeting about another prick. Nothing to get het up about.

surfer
    Free Member

Fair comment

jambalaya
    Free Member

Hardly controversial. His class mate and fellow “safari” tavellers where killed in drone strikes, I don;t think there would be too many that wouldn’t wish the same fate on him.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I don;t think there would be too many that wouldn’t wish the same fate on him.

For everyone who says that would you look somebody in the eye and pull the trigger?

aracer
    Free Member

What’s his login on here? Can think of a few possibilities from previous threads…

surfer
    Free Member

For everyone who says that would you look somebody in the eye and pull the trigger?

No but that wasnt the question was it?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

No but for every internet hard man (like the UKIP guy) would you? could you? It’s easy to wish someone dead or order someone to do it but actually killing somebody? Is it not what sets the progressive west (excluding the USA) from some other parts of the world.

nemesis
    Free Member

Well he’s being a cock (isn’t that an entry qualification for UKIP anyway) but I can’t see that he’s being an internet hardman – if he was threatening to kill JJ then maybe but he isn’t.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Not really sure what we are getting worked up about here tbh as I suspect few woudl shed a tear if he was dead. He said what the majority of the UK probably thought about the incident and the person IMHO any debate with folk would undoubtedly elicit a response like this.

Whilst I have no desire to support or defend UKIP we have to move away from this sanitised version of politics where every single sentence has to be taken and treated this way and anyone hauled over the goals. Its why we end up with PR savvy bland bastards saying nothing and answering nothing

Is twitter the personification of the lynch mob these days?

Genuine q as I dont use it at all.

nickc

I don’t really care about Jihadi John, He’ll most likely end up dying in some half-arsed battle in the middle of a featureless desert town called “Camelarse” or a drone strike that the media can masturbate over. Or killed for some idiotic misdemeanour that they haven’t dreamt up yet by his ‘end of days’ cult-y mates in IS.

Find it hard to get excited by the idiotic brain dump of some no-mark UKIP candidate TBH.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Whilst I have no desire to support or defend UKIP we have to move away from this sanitised version of politics where every single sentence has to be taken and treated this way and anyone hauled over the goals. Its why we end up with PR savvy bland bastards saying nothing and answering nothing

indeed….

As others have said, when I heard he had considered suicide my first thought was ‘shame he didn’t’ which I think if we are honest many people would have thought…

Noone is saying that they would kill anyone here, although I’d be more than happy if someone else did it..

kimbers

well said nickc

cynic-al
    Free Member

As soon as Mr Hilton realised his tweet might be misconstrued he took it down, a party spokesman added.

What an utter clown.

I think Junky has a point, but if someone is stupid enough to have and publicize views like this then I think the electorate should know about it.

slowoldman

Ah, it’s a slow news day.

geetee1972
    Free Member

So what’s the actual question here; whether it would have been better (for those he beheaded and others) if Emwazi had committed suicide or the fact that a UKIP parliamentary candidate expressed that thought in a tweet?

I think it would have been better if he had committed suicide but expressing that as a tweet (by a parliamentary candidate of any party) was a mistake.

martinhutch

A mistake in what respect? I can’t imagine it would have harmed him in electoral terms.

Not realising the UKIP high command is desperately trying to crack down on its squad of rent-a-loons was the mistake, I guess, although I’d be surprised if they deselected him over it.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Why do you think it would be wrong for a candidate to say what you think is for the best ?

This is part of the problem when a politician says what lots of people think [ england flags outside the house for another example] and we advise them not to and attack them. We then moan about how politicians are not normal /not like us.

We [ not personalising this to GT to be clear] need to decide what we want from our MP’s as we are conflicted.

Personally i prefer to know what an MP really thinks be it good or bad rather than have no idea as they did not answer the question/never express a view.

dereknightrider
    Free Member

Depends, UKIP guy aside, who is unhappy by the way with them chucking gays like himself off roofs, if it wasn’t jihadi john, for sure it would be some other jihadi, mohammed or whatever, unless what’s going is this guy has some sort of position up the heirachy and set upon this course deliberately to set himself up as some sort of superhero punisher of the west in his islamic moron mates group.

Either way, he is as good as dead, don’t think I’d want to see him have the benefit of a fair trial and more of this I’m only doing this because I’m a victim of western intolerance bollox.

In fact the whole damned religion needs to get over it’s self styled sole victim of oppression and the only one that anyone should care about.

Lets face it nobody asked you to stay being a muslim.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

The man is entitled to an opinion.

geetee1972
    Free Member

You may well be right. Probably wasn’t a mistake.

There was a thread on here about Natalie Bennet’s disastrous radio interview and quite a few people commented that bad as it may have appeared, what it showed was honesty.

I think that’s what the UKIP candidate was showing here.

scuttler

Indifference to the whole thing other than the supercharged frenz-o-tron of faux-offence and outrage that occurs from social media and 24-hour news, which gets right on my knockers.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I don’t really care about Jihadi John, He’ll most likely end up dying in some half-arsed battle in the middle of a featureless desert town called “Camelarse” or a drone strike that the media can masturbate over. Or killed for some idiotic misdemeanour that they haven’t dreamt up yet by his ‘end of days’ cult-y mates in IS.

Heh +1

Northwind

I wouldn’t mind at all if he committed suicide, he’s a ****. But it’s a pretty tasteless comment for all the other folks considering or affected by suicide who aren’t ****s.

cranberry
    Free Member

Do we really have to Godwin the thread to point out the obvious fact that not all human beings are of equal worth and that a bad one topping themselves is not necessarily a bad thing ?

But it’s a pretty tasteless comment for all the other folks considering or affected by suicide who aren’t ****s

Don’t you think that people in those positions are mostly able to differentiate themselves and their loved ones from a person who has shown complete, unmitigated, premeditated evil ?

dirtydog
    Free Member

Sorry, don’t see the problem.

Northwind

cranberry – Member

Don’t you think that people in those positions are mostly able to differentiate themselves and their loved ones from a person who has shown complete, unmitigated, premeditated evil ?

I think that if you’re considering suicide, you’re probably not in the best frame of mind in general. A lot of people will think “The world will be better off without me”- well sure, the world would be better off without this particular shitehawk but that’s not a train of thought that needs reinforcement of any sort.

jimjam
    Free Member

First off, I call bullshit on him even contemplating suicide. In light of everything else that’s surfaced about him it sounds like he was just embellishing his role as a victim of harassment in order to illicit sympathy.

Imagine though for a minute he was at a very low ebb, pills in one hand, bottle of whiskey in the other. Thinks too him self, “I’ve got nothing to live for”. But then, as if by some miracle it comes to him “I shall go to a foreign country and kill lots of people”.

EDIT: I see on the news his mother admits to having recognised his voice. I had wondered about this, your radical son has gone missing for a few years and someone sounding exactly like him shows up on the news.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Is it not what sets the progressive west (excluding the USA) from some other parts of the world.

No its not ! there are plenty of Progressive Westerners willing to drop bombs on folk because its easy and they do not have to look them in the eye !

patriotpro
    Free Member

Not read the tweet but why are the media referring to a prick like that as jihadi-john as if he’s some kind of comedy persona?

kimbers

indeed its almost as though media and ISIS have a symbiotic relationship

ISIS are very media and tech savvy, they want PR and maximum exposure, The Sun is happy to oblige with a catchy nickname and front page headlines as it sells papers, outraged ukipers demand a response, we send in more drones, blow up a few more villages trying to hit 1 militant, ISIS get loads more juicy recruitment propaganda to recruit more asian kids alienated by the constant media media barrage…….

nemesis
    Free Member

Jihadi John was his nickname given by some previous hostages. There were three of them and they were names John, Paul and Ringo.

But it’s a nice soundbite so it’s stuck. The media like a personality to stick things on rather than a faceless organisation.

timraven

+1 Kimbers

Got to say that I don’t have a problem with the tweet either, but I can see that it may upset some people. Never thought I’d defend a UKIPer!

A recent Facebook post read, “If your God makes you feel secure and loved, then great and good luck. If your God makes you feel like killing someone, start with yourself” seemed logical to me.

BillMC

I think that discriminates against George. And I’d be prepared to Tweet it if I had an account.

wrecker
    Free Member

Jihadi Jeffery has a nice ring to it.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@mike
    Well we will never know but personally I think I could fire a missile yes. If I though my life was in danger I think I could shoot a gun too at close quarters. I got quite close to applying to the forces when I was younger so I had to ask myself the question, could you use lethal force ?

dereknightrider
    Free Member

jimjam – Member

EDIT: I see on the news his mother admits to having recognised his voice. I had wondered about this, your radical son has gone missing for a few years and someone sounding exactly like him shows up on the news.

She knew from the first beheading video.

Now we know who she is, maybe next time he pops up with a potential beheadee, we parade his mother in an orange jump suit with some butcher with a machete at her throat, see how he feels about going through with it.

But no,well do nothing as savage as that, which just makes us so soft for their kind.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘UKIP Jihad John tweet’ is closed to new replies.