Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • UK Designed first steel hardtail conundrum…
  • marsdenman
    Free Member

The Saracen actually looks bloody amazing, I had completely forgotten about that. It’s caused me a bit of a problem!

Sorry….. 🙂
    Causing me a problem, too…. really want one, just done have the funds to get a 120mm fork to go with it… still, at that price it’d be handy to have in the ‘spares box’ 😉

bullheart – Member

The PA is the best bike on your list. By a country mile.

I’d buy another today if Mike made a 29er….

Hey! Mike! Build a 29er.

Can I hold you to that? 😉

bullheart
    Free Member

Mike,

If you build a 29er I’ll tear your arm off to get at it*

Just for the record, if you are experimenting in this department I’d love to be a test-pilot.

(*but I’d sew it back on and buy you some flowers as an apology)

oxym0r0n

Loved my new Solaris this weekend B-)

patsaunders
    Free Member

what about a Sanderson Life? mines with Fox floats love it for XC, short blasts or all day sessions

matt_outandabout

Sanderson you say?

Sanderson Breath by matt_outandabout, on Flickr

IMGP2578 by matt_outandabout, on Flickr

Bullheart, the Prince Albert 29’er exists on paper. I’ll probably get a couple of samples ordered once the Prince Albert Classic frames are on the water (early next month).

bullheart
    Free Member

I’m local, I’m lovely and I’m ready to ride it to destruction!

hazzeryoda
    Free Member

[/quote]brant – Member
    Wouldn’t want a 456 evo as they have gone all round slack at both ends. Hoping the Piglet will be more upright.
    456 Evo Geometry based on fully extended 150mm fork as opposed to Piglet geometry which is sagged 120mm fork.
    Full info on 456 Evo Geometry here:-

Ok, fair call. Interested now! How would you say the ride compares to the piglet? I know the piglet is optimised for 120mm which sounds great. I also like the fact the seat angle steepens with larger frames, surely a plus for climbing for us with gangly proportions?

Also, in case anyone is interested, I have just bought an SLX 10sp group and SLX dics brakeset for the princely sum of £350 from http://www.bike-components.de well chuffed!

H

ampthill

Looking at the on one website why not just get an inbred. A cheap as chips starting point with forks to 120 mm.

You gave the answer yourself its a starting point. It’ll probaly be perfect.

If its not you’ll loose about £40? selling it on

That won’t be true on a posher frame will it

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

How about Canadian designed and aluminium. I’m buying on the strength it’s geometry is more Brit than Canadian*, and it’s a lot lighter than steel bikes.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/before-i-hit-the-buy-button-is-there-anything-better-which-hardcore-hardtail

*back when all this was fields british bikes tended to be lower BB’s and steeper head angles, and canadian bikes were very slack with high BB’s (compare the original DMR trailstar or Saracen Zen (69deg head angles and 11.5″ BB’s) against something like a Cove stiffee (13.1″ BB and 66deg HA).

julioflo
    Free Member

Mike……I have a PA Mk1. All lovely in pink. I’d love to try a big pink 29ery one as well……

ajantom

PA – bombproof, comfy all-day-rider, and nice paint too.
    I use mine for all day in the saddle XC epics, but it was equally at home ragging around the Stile Cop DH tracks 2 weeks ago.

boxelder

Another vote for Sanderson. The Life is the best of the 5/6 i’ve had. Runs well with 120mm.

HantsNightRider
    Free Member

Mike,
    I’d also be interested in a 29er PA

hazzeryoda
    Free Member

Right, still nowhere near the decision! Now wondering about 29ers seeing as I’m tall. Singular swifts look LOVELY!!!

nsdog
    Free Member

A mate has just bought the Sarcen Zen 2 – Ok it’s not steel, but its uk designed, with pretty good spec. He got it for 570 delivered from Dave at singletrackbikes.co.uk.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘UK Designed first steel hardtail conundrum…’ is closed to new replies.