Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Uh-Oh horse and hound magazine arent happy – surrey hills content
  • mattjg
    Free Member

traffic calming gate is now installed where the Tower descent crosses the bridleway H&H are worried about. trail is still taped off and cluttered.

side note: I’d be willing to hoon down High Ashes out of control a few times if it means we’d get a nice singletrack built parallel to it – that could be a cracker!

njee20
    Free Member

Agreed, the loss of Rhododendron Run was a shame, losing all that height on largely straight doubletrack is a huge waste!

mattjg
    Free Member

yeah I used to enjoy that one. there’s masses of potential in that area tho presumably landowner approved access is a pipe dream.

tonyg2003

I met one of the horseriders who has been complaining about this trail in one of the Shere coffee houses (part way round a fabulous 5hr off roader in the sunshine). She’ll be taking her horse to the meeting at the trail this week.

She was very reasonable and put her case well that a trail like the one that has been constructed, shouldn’t cross over a bridleway. Fair point really.

mattjg
    Free Member

I think the barrier has resolved that Tony, maybe the horsers will be happier when they see that. It’s going to be pretty hard for anyone to ride that at speed.

tonyg2003

Fair point MattG. This trail was one of the few that I didn’t ride in the Surrey Hills yesterday, so I hadn’t seen this. It looks like an effective means of slowing riders down!

mattjg
    Free Member

yeah I couldn’t ride it, tho I daresay there are many that could.

it’s probably worth mentioning in any conversation with horsey folks that this is still a work in progress.

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Uh-Oh horse and hound magazine arent happy – surrey hills content’ is closed to new replies.