Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Turner DW Grease Ports Q
  • fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    I have a 2009 Turner Flux and am having trouble getting grease into the port that is underneath the swingarm.
    I am using the Manitou grease nozzle attached to a tube of Prep M but it seems that the angle is just wrong enough to stop the grease going into the port.
    I am considering unbolting the shock to allow me to change the angle slightly but just wondered what others were doing?
    Is there another type of gun/nozzle I can get that does the job?
    Any thoughts appreciated.
    Cheers
    Steve

cakefest
    Free Member

Yeah, unbolt, grease up, rebolt, job done.

granny_ring

Haven’t done them on my hl spot yet but think you need to use the turner angled nozzle or undo the shock mount like you said

nockmeister
    Free Member

Buy this 4″ nozzle for ur manitou grease gun…bend it to about 35deg at 2″ along (use a pipe bender, as u may kink the pipe!)

nuke

How often do people grease their Turner frames?

Like fatgit I have an 09 Flux and have had it for a couple of months but haven’t greased it yet as I haven’t bought a grease gun given the Turner ones are £42 😯 Any alternatives cheaper?

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi

Nuke
    had mine since April and done the ones I can a couple of times.
    Cheers
    Steve

nicolaisam
    Free Member

I had an 08 spot and greased it about every 4 weeks unless it was a very bad winter ride,then i would grease it every 2 weeks.

This was probably overkill but it kept it very smooth.I would do about 30-50 off road miles per week,every week all year round.

I had to remove one of the shock bolts to allow the swing-arm to move so i could get a grease gun onto the Zerk.

Just remember to clean the zerk with a rag before greasing so you dont push grit into it when greaseing.And it dosent need much grease,i would push grease in it until the grease gun went very stiff and you couldnt push it easily.

nockmeister
    Free Member

I haven’t bought a grease gun given the Turner ones are £42 Any alternatives cheaper?

Try clicking on the link i supplied…basically it’s a Turner gun/nozzle for 20quid…

Turner recommend greasing the links every 20hrs in dry conditions, 10hrs for our clarty weather!! DO NOT OVERFILL the ports though..pump grease in until it just becomes stiff. If grease appears around the joints you’ve popped the seals…

nuke

Thanks for the responses…Sounds like I should be starting now.

Try clicking on the link i supplied…basically it’s a Turner gun/nozzle for 20quid…

Are yes…seen that now 😳

nockmeister
    Free Member

Turner recommend Super Lube now..you can get it from RS components HERE!! 😉

dickie
    Free Member

I greased my 09 DW Flux a lot to stop it creaking. Also un bolted all the bolts to get it right through.
    Turned out to be the mech hanger, which now forms the top slice on a copper slip sandwich.

fatgit
    Free Member

Oops I have pumped until grease observed at times!!!
    Any lasting damge caused?
    Cheers
    Steve

phiiiiil

How can you “pop the seals” when there aren’t really any seals to speak of to pop? The whole idea is to squeeze any water that has got in out past the o-rings…

I’ve hardly touched mine in ages; after having ignored the top seatstay pivot for years I took it to bits recently to find it was still full of clean grease, so I’m really not too bothered about them.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

They don’t need lubing as much as people think. I do mine once every few months. I think if you wash it constantly and spray all sorts of nasty bike cleaners at the bike then yeah, maybe do it more often.

The rear mech hangar is a good place for creaks but also check the rear brake inserts, they can creak too. Bit of grease sorts it.

nuke

So all kitted out with a grease gun and m-prep but what can I use to clean my zerk inserts? They’re pretty filthy and, if I don’t clean them, I don’t want to inject sand/mud in when I use the grease gun but at the same time I don’t thinking blasting them with citrus degreaser would be a good idea! Any suggestions aside toothbrush and water?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Turner DW Grease Ports Q’ is closed to new replies.