Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Turner 5 Spot (DW) Advice Please…
  • OrangeMonkeyLoveGod
    Free Member

I've just recently purchase a new Turner 5 Spot with DW link, BUT, after building it up very quickly and pegging off for a ride near Bala last weekend I noticed that my front mech kept twisting and kicking out of line with my fron rings. I have just worked out that the front mech I am using is a dual purpose top or bottom pull mech and has been banging in to my lovely new frame 🙁

Do you have a Turner 5 Spot with DW (I am running 2 ring with bash guard) and if so what front mech are you using? One that doesn't foul the frame would e great!

coogan
    Free Member

From Turners site.

All dw-link Turner's use a 34.9mm, Top-pull, Bottom-swing, Traditional Clamp.

Top-swing will NOT work. All Dual-Pull derailleurs must be modified, due to the bottom-pull arm as it will contact the chainstay yoke under full compression. Go to our tech page for information on how to modify Dual-Pull derailleurs.

No modification is needed for the following derailleur(s): SRAM X9, Top-pull Only, # 00.7615.014.000

Or you can do this: http://www.turnerbikes.com/010/010tech/turnertech_frdermod.pdf

OrangeMonkeyLoveGod
    Free Member

Cheers Coogan… You've just confirmed that the SRAM X9 is the mech that is required.

I wish the bike shop would have warned me about this prior to building up!

oxnop
    Free Member

Slight hijack

cheers for the forks Simon – got the bike built up yesterday aft, rode today & they are perfect. Thanks

OrangeMonkeyLoveGod
    Free Member

Cheers Jonathan… Glad you're happy with them, it's been a great day for o ride 🙂

coogan
    Free Member

I still need to order a X9 for when mine arrives. 😀

OrangeMonkeyLoveGod
    Free Member

How much longer do you have to wait? It's a great bike!

coogan
    Free Member

Few weeks, no medium raws in the country supposedly. Its replacing my old HL 5 Spot, which was/is an awesome bike, test ride of the new one persuaded me to get one.

gizzardman
    Free Member

Guys you don't need an X9 mech although that wiill do. The XT mech will be fine, you just have to get a hacksaw to a part of it. It takes 2 minutes tops.

BTW This bike is unbelievable.

coogan
    Free Member

Yeah, know you can cut one down, hence the link! 8)

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

You looked good riding my Raw DW Spot in the Alps in June coogan 8)

OrangeMonkeyLoveGod
    Free Member

Hey Chunky… Nice pic, great bike. The only thing missing is a "Gravity Dropper" seatpost.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Yep, there will be one for it's next Alpine visit.

mrback
    Free Member

anyone have a link for the correct x9 mech to order???

Vortexracing

SRAM X9, Top-pull Only, # 00.7615.014.000

or an XT which is what’s on mine (with the mod)

P1030491 by eastham_david, on Flickr

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Turner 5 Spot (DW) Advice Please…’ is closed to new replies.