Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Tubeless with Stan's & Nevegals?
  • bowglie

Thinking of giving tubeless a whirl. I've got Stan's Flow rims and 2.35" Kenda Nevegals and wondered if anyone on here is running tubeless with that combo. – if so, can you offer some advice please?

I'm thinking of trying Stan's fluid etc., but have had lots of conflicting advice re: rimstrips…….Hellllp!!…. Do I need to strip off the cloth rimstrip and fit yellow (plastic?) tape before I fit the rubber rimstrip?

p.s. Don't mind trying other brands of sealant if it suits Kenda tyres better.

bowglie

oh, er…does going tubeless really save weight at the rim? (my current tube/tyre combo is 900g, of which I think about 700g is tyre)

sslowpace
    Free Member

The yellow tape seals the rim, so yes, install before the rimstrip. And remove the cloth tape.

BeveledEdge
    Free Member

Dont bother with the rimstrip, just use the yellow tape-I did on 355s with bonty mud x tyres and they inflated as if I was inflating with a tube!!!

RealMan
    Free Member

Yeah if youve got stans rims you just need a bit of the yellow tape, then add tyre and sealant and air.

bowglie

Ta for the advice.

Please excuse my ignorance here (first time tubeless) – so, if I've got this right all I need is the yellow tape, a couple of tubeless valves, bottle of sealant er..and some patience?

(I'm guessing, if they won't inflate/stay inflated with just yellow tape, then I'll need to add the rubber rimstrips?)

Would it be easier to use a CO2 cartridge for the first inflation, or do you reckon I'll be OK with my trackpump?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless with Stan's & Nevegals?’ is closed to new replies.