Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • tubeless spaff
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Normally use Stan’s but it’s been drying out quicker than usual. Do we have a unanimous decisions on whose spaff is best?

Taff
    Free Member

Was just out to order more stans. Will pull up a chair…

tazzymtb

caffe latex is bloomin good makes initial set up a doddle, joes no flats goop seals better at low temperatures, stans is the sort of best all rounder I’ve found

Kahurangi

Stans for me. It used to dry up pretty rapidly (Conti MK Supersonic) but now I use Bonty TLR tyres and it lasts ages.

ruscle
    Free Member

Make your own. Thread on mtbr been going for a few years now. Results out perform anything else on the market. They started it due to stans drying out and not sealing larger holes. I think the thread heading is ‘best home brew sealant’. There are 2 mixtures 1 is on first page other is on the last page I believe, its about 95 pages long! But an interesting read.

wwaswas

I find Joes better- seems to have more gritty bits in it and seals holes better.

Northwind

Still stans IMO… Caffe inflates easiest, but goes down easiest too. JRA stuff just seemed like Stans only less good at everything. Haven’t tried home-made though.

ruscle
    Free Member

^^^^^

That’s the thread, works a treat and costs a fraction of your usual brew.

JoeG
    Free Member

I’ve used Stan’s for years and it works great for me.

Someone that I know just tried Cafelatex, and it wouldn’t seal a hole in his tire. LBS told him to add glitter to the sealant. So he returned his second bottle of Cafe and bought Stan’s.

timmys

Are doing pikey tubeless or proper tubeless?

If you are doing it pikey, and the spoo is expected to seal up sidewall leakage, then my feeling is you are better off with a latex based one, even though it will dry up relatively quickly.

If you are doing “proper” tubeless, and therefore the gunk is only there to seal up punctures, I think you are better off with with a non-latex based gunk such as Bontrager Super Juice or the new Conti one as they don’t dry out in the same way but seal punctures fine.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Try Slime-Pro sealant i used stans and it goes off real quick with use of CO2 cartridges!!
    the slim-pro doesnt react with use of CO2 and has no ammonia in the carrier fluid so is metal friendly.

DezB
    Free Member

Best I’ve used is Geax – works and never dries out. Rare as rocking horse sealant though.
    Then Hutchinson.

Picking dried out Stans off tyres has to be the worst job in bike maintenance!

Rorschach
    Free Member

Been trying out continental stuff for a while now.Seems to seal better than stans and tub safe aswell.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘tubeless spaff’ is closed to new replies.