Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Tubeless repair string – anyone know where to get more?
  • luket

Hi folks,

Been using the weldtite tubeless repair kit with the bradawl, string, knife etc etc and having run out of the sticky string stuff I’m after some more. I’d rather avoid unnecessary binning of a load of tools so – anyone know where to get more string?

Sorry for the dull post! I guess this has been done before but I can’t for the life of me find the stuff…

Figured I can’t be the only one – I don’t get that many flats but I do nearly always use this stuff because it’s so quick/easy.

Luke

alexpalacefan

Dental floss?
    APF

househusband
    Free Member

I’d be interested in knowing too…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rickmeister

The tubeless repair kit I’m using has strips cut from a square of rubber. its like a thicker version of inner tube rubber, about 5cm x 3cm and 2mm thick. I just cut a sliver off the end… its not the sticky string stuff.

But I cant help you as to where you get this from…

luket

In case of use to anyone I think I have a solution for this little problem:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PACK-BLACK-TUBELESS-TYRE-tire-PUNCTURE-REPAIR-PLUGS-/260776676750

Not used them in anger yet but they’re about the same size and feel I think (not that I have any of the original stuff left).

Luke

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless repair string – anyone know where to get more?’ is closed to new replies.