• This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by wl.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Troy Lee 5450 knee/shin guards – any experiences?
  • wl
    Free Member

As above really. Like the sound of these pads and the reviews are generally good, but I wanted to hear any ‘real world’ accounts from users. I need something comfy enough to wear and pedal in for 7+ hours at a time. Consensus seems to be to buy smaller size than you normally would. Anyone tried these? Ta.

tomhoward

Id second the buying smaller than normal, as the silicon non slip bits on the knee/top of the ‘sock’ REALLY rub if they arent a snug fit, to the point of agony/blisters/taking a couple of layers of skin off if you ride for than afew hours with a lot of pedalling.

Really comfy and light though

so if they fit, they’re great, if they don’t, they’re great in small doses

sazter

I have the knee only and they’re great. I found mine were rubbing my knee at first so thought they were crap, turns out the labels were in the way of the grippers, cut out the labels, pads are perfect. Wear them for most stuff.

honourablegeorge

Yeah, do cut out the labels.

I hate pads of almost any sort, but I wear these for DH and they don’t bother me at all. Have found myself driving home in them, whereas other pads I can’t get them off my legs soon enough

RickDraper
    Free Member

Stitching came loose on my ones after 3 months and a couple of rides, never washed them either. I’m currently waiting to see what CRC will do about them. I am expecting replacements though.

singlespeedstu

Hi Will.
    I’m getting on well with mine.
    Went a size down from what they recomended for me and the fit is great.

matther01
    Free Member

I got caught between two sizes with one size being too tight around the calves and the other too loose above the knee.

Went for the bigger ones and they’re pretty good but do slip down after a while and can rub. Just wish they had a wrap above the knee and they’d be perfect for me.

wl
    Free Member

Cheers all – useful stuff.

Singlespeedstu – hi there! Hope you’re well and you’ve been doing some good riding. I’m up to the Lakes for a few days with Mark B and a couple of others later this month. If you’ve got any time spare and fancy it, let me know on here and I’ll drop you a proper line to let you know where/when. Gotta dash but will check on here again later today or tomorrow. BTW – rode Nan Bield the other day – one of the best UK descents I know. Get it on your list!

singlespeedstu

Sounds good but we’re off to spain later this month so dought we’ll be able to make it.
    Have fun and say hello to everyone for me though. 🙂

wl
    Free Member

No worries, Stu. Have a great trip. Eventually we’ll sort something out, even if it ends up being in Verbier again!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Troy Lee 5450 knee/shin guards – any experiences?’ is closed to new replies.