Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Trousers – Singletracks or humvees?
  • J273
    Free Member

Looking to buy some trousers for upcoming winter.

Ive currently got a pair of enduras but not sure if they are humvees or singletracks and they need replacing.

Can anyone tell me which is the more baggy fit out of the two?

Or are there better out there rather than endura?

Thanks

MrSalmon
    Free Member

My Humvees were a bit baggier than my Singletracks, and they were also much more fragile. Singletracks any day for me.

gran0210

Got humvees, ripped them twice, once on the chainring, and the knee in a tarmac fall.

Not tried the sigletracks but going to replace with singletracks as they look tougher.

ton

singletracks are tough as, but are crap in the wet.
    they do dry quickly tho.

superfli
    Free Member

Singletracks are very tough, great trousers. Not sure what the Humvees are like.
    Singletracks are pretty tight on my thighs though, much more comfy with the airvent open, although not so great in winter

J273
    Free Member

Think ill go for the singletracks then..Whats the sizing like as endura sizing is all over the place.

Im a 30 waist and my current trousers which ive found are humvees are a small and a little tight around the waist.

superfli
    Free Member

I’m 32 waist and medium fits fine.

st

Sorry for the slight hijacking but has anyone tried the Firefly trousers as an alternative to the Humvee or Singletracks?

moonter
    Free Member

Ton, you say they’re

crap in the wet

In what way?
    Thanks

takisawa2

I like Humvees. Seem tough etc. Certainly comfy (for me), would happily buy again. And ditto Ton’s comment but for Humvees though, not waterproof at all.

Bagstard
    Free Member

I use both, humvees are softer and a closer fit, but get absolutely sodden in the rain. Singletracks are looser and much tougher, not water resistant either, but dry quickly, definitely a better bet for winter.

robsoctane
    Free Member

Hi all,

I’m interested in this – really need some riding pants. Does anyone know of something out there that IS waterproof and tough then? Clearly it’s neither of the above as mentioned by the OP…

scruff
    Free Member

You could try some mild mannered DH pants if you can find some which arent like dayglo pyjamas, theyll keep the worst off you, wont rip and good to pedal in but they are hot, but generally waterproof and tough = very sweaty

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Trousers – Singletracks or humvees?’ is closed to new replies.