Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Trojan virus wiped my pictures…luddite requires help
  • RichardPennell
    Free Member

A program called Windows Recovery got into my PC and managed to clear the favourites lists and apparently delete all my pictures files before I got rid of it. After looking at a couple of techie forums I downloaded an application that seems to have got rid of the virus but I don’t know how or where to start looking for the images.

Luckily I backed up to an external hard drive not so long ago but there’s a lot of pictures that I will have lost even so.

Any help welcome!

Cheers

PS. so p**sed off with repeated problems with PC’s at work and home, tempted to invest in a Mac….

allyharp

Did you get this via Spotiy per chance?

I got one through there late on Thursday night, and then cleaned it up today. It didn’t seem have deleted anything – at least not that I’ve discovered yet – but merely hide all my program files etc. Are you sure your photos have definitely been deleted, and aren’t just hidden?

RichardPennell
    Free Member

Allyharp

I had a suspicion it came through Spotify and when I started looking on the web specifically for that it seems lots of people had the same because of a dodgy advert on there.

After a bit of fiddling around I have found the photos, and they are indeed merely hidden. Not quite sure how I unhide them, though…

Thanks for the help

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Trojan virus wiped my pictures…luddite requires help’ is closed to new replies.