Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Tri training help – THANKS (me me me content)
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Thanks to all those who helped on my various running, swimming and tri threads.

Yesterday I completed my first Iron Man in 11:45, 6th out of 20.

Hardest thing I’ve done by a significant margin. If I’d not lost 10m getting lost on the run it would have been 5th and a better marathon time than my first 2 years ago!

oldgit
    Free Member

Blimey didn’t know you were doing one and a bloody good result.

Did one in 85 but the swim was shortened slightly on the race doctors orders as it was so cold and wetsuits weren’t allowed. Some say rather cruely that I haven’t done an Ironman.
    Are you doing another?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Well done! Toying with the idea of doing one of these next year. Which one did you do?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Bloody hell, good effort!!!

Need more info though, a couple of lines is pittiful, but we’ll let you rest up a bit first 😆

Edukator
    Free Member

Only 20 competitors in an Ironman, I’ve never done one with less than 700 competitors and started 20 years back when tri wasn’t as popular.

cynic-al
    Free Member

It was Ireman, a grass roots tri near Belfast, 100 odd in the half. I CBA with big events.

Swim was a little choppy and I got 1:38. Ride was 6 laps and I got 10 scalps but got scalped once myself. Weather mostly good with a couple of light showers, windy and course a little lumpy. I got around 6:10 I think.
    Run was hardest – pretty flat and a lot on/by coast but just hard to keep going – I walked a bit, especially hills. Still got 3 scalps with a few folk on their knees. I paced it pretty conservatively, but given en how I feel today, doubt I could have gone much faster, though I think I copy have eaten better, guts not right and very dehydrated.

I’ve signed up for City to Summit next year, I’ll maybe do another if ice done enough training to justify seeing if my time drops, I doubt I’ll do any more though, just too hard and the training is time consuming.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Bravo! Done several HIMs but never had the time to commit to the full one. One day perhaps?

Congrats on the achievement!

Jamie
    Free Member

I got drunk in a park yesterday…. 😐

xiphon
    Free Member

Fantastic result!

bikebouy
    Free Member

As said, proper effort, thanks for a bit more info.

Put yer feet up and eat biscuits 😆

stcolin
    Free Member

What a very small world….

I was staying on the caravan site you ran through. Was down at the beach for a while watching. Fair play and great result.

aracer
    Free Member

So you made 9 places on the bike and 3 on the run to finish 6th. There weren’t many behind you after the swim!

Seriously well done – I’m very impressed by the time.

cudubh

Well done, major commitment to do IM. I did a half on Saturday. That was plenty hard enough for me, for now.

piemonster

I got drunk in a park yesterday

More or less ditto, Im visiting family. What else is there to do.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Thanks all. I feel like getting drunk in a park now.

And yes swimming is my worst, but I lose the least time and passing lots on the ride helps…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Tri training help – THANKS (me me me content)’ is closed to new replies.