Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Trek Remedy 9 or Yeti 575
  • b-a-c-o-n
    Free Member

Looking at both of these….can’t beat the spec and price of the Remedy 9, probably just change some bits for carbon bars, Thomson post and Crossmax SXs to get another lb or so off…..but yet to demo one. All reviews sound good, but then they would do as its a Trek.

Although have ridden a new 575 frame, with 36 RC2s, SX’s, XTR / XO and loved it….pretty surprised at the handling / acceleration.

Still undecided !

Anyone used the Avid Elixir CR stoppers? Any good? I swear by the new servo wave XT’s but heard these are similar.

Help !!

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Love my Remedy. It just works. What would be the price difference?

mboy
    Free Member

Remedy for defo.

Though if you’re going to be swapping some parts out, save your cash and go for the 7. The Lyriks are probably slightly better forks than the Fox 36’s anyway. You’ll lose less money by selling on cheaper bits than you would the expensive (RRP is about the same as the Crossmax SX iirc wheels on the 9 etc. I also prefer Shimano gearing myself, but even if you wanted SRAM then the SLX stuff would sell very easily off it.

ridethelakes
    Free Member

I’d go for the Remedy. Prefer the four-bar-esque braking pivot over faux bar and they seem great value.

cybernaut
    Free Member

We sell both, but the Trek is a better and more versatile option. Pedals at least as well and works out about £400 cheaper than the Yeti which is more limiting over the rougher stuff.

YMMV

Andy

jammer
    Free Member

Get the Yeti. Great bike.

sputnik
    Free Member

Easy choice, can’t believe you are undecided.
    Get the Yeti.

xcstu
    Free Member

Yeti 575 far nicer bike! my choice for def!

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Well I’ll own up, I’ve never ridden a 575….have you last 3 ridden a remedy? 😛

jammer
    Free Member

To be honest no.

rj
    Free Member

Not ridden the Yeti, but tried a Remedy at the GT demo day on Sunday. It’s a fantastic bike, really fast and vastly more capable than I’m ever likely to be. Looks like pretty good value, too.

Rich
    Free Member

They’re both good, just get the one you like best.

If I ever buy without following what my heart says I always regret it, so even if one is slightly better on paper, it aint gonna mean anything if your heart aint in it.

GreenRoom
    Free Member

Another vote here for the 575. Oozes quality and workmanship and rides like a dream. Trek’s nice but just not all that special.

charliemort

Well I don’t think you’ll be disappointed with the yeti, but haven’t ridden the Trek…….

looks like you are spending a fair wedge so I think I’d say go with the one you fancy – £400 is a fair difference, but maybe a false economy if you’re not happy

Moda
    Free Member

IMO you should try a Lapierre Spicy if spending that sort of wedge….

deserter
    Free Member

imo you should try as many as you can and then ignore how they ride and get the prettiest

chakaping
    Free Member

Can you afford to spec the 575 up like the one you tested though?

Having owned an old 575 (with 36s), I’d definitely be trying the Remedy (and why not Spicy and Reign too) before choosing.

Yeti was a good bike, but I prefer my Reign in every way.

sq225917
    Free Member

I have the Elixir CR’s on my Demo7, plenty of bite and good heat dissipation, the adjustments are excellent. My only complaint with them would be that if you one finger brake with your first finger then the lever can hit your hand when you haul in.

I’d prefer them with 2 finger levers.

But they are superb and i do run stupid fat sunnline grips

evil-ed
    Free Member

I think my Remedy 9 is great, not as boutique as the Yeti but god knows what it would cost to build up a Yeti to the same spec as the Remedy.

The Elixirs work well, powerful and good feel but made a terrible noise until I put some copper slip on the back of the pads.

rOcKeTdOg

+1 for trek

freeman
    Free Member

another vote for the remedy here.

I’m still undecided between a Remedy and buying this frame and building it up with XT & Hope Tech M4’s, Pro II rear EN521 rims. Most will put it at the bottom of their list, but I want one……..

nasher
    Free Member

I had the old style 575, although a veritile bike it was too flexy for harder descending duties, not sure on the new model though.

The good thing about the 575 is that you can build it into lightweight XC bike or something burlier.

however if the remedy is your second choice, then I think the Yeti will struggle to compete with it in “burly and stifness stakes”

Have you considered a Lapierre Spicy? truly awsome machines, probably not the plushest suspension but out accelerates even lightweight XC machines and the geometry is spot on for descending…the perfect do it all machine.

Guilliano
    Free Member

I have no idea how Trek can spec the Remedy 9 as they have for that cash, but it is a great bike so I’d go for that….. although I’d be more tempted by the 8 and a set of carbon bars as the XT chainset is nearly as good as the XTR and the fork is better IMHO. Plus you get Shimano gearing and XT brakes which work as well as anything out there

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Trek Remedy 9 or Yeti 575’ is closed to new replies.