Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Trek Crockett frameset… any reason not to?
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Adding some light wheels, decent finishing kit, and a 1x hydro group, for a CX racer. In purple obviously 😉

Anyone got an opinion? Any reason not to? Anything else I should consider instead in similar price bracket?

Thanks.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Anyone…?

simondbarnes

They’re bloody ace, buy one 🙂

[url=https://flic.kr/p/BW5PsZ]Maiden voyage[/url] by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

And yes, I have used S-Works finishing kit on a Trek 🙂

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

The S-Works finishing kit wasn’t the first thing I noticed about that bike….

My mate is thinking of getting one of these so interested to see the responses as I’d not heard of them until he mentioned it the other night.

simondbarnes

The S-Works finishing kit wasn’t the first thing I noticed about that bike….

Yeah, sorry, the GPS is a bit of an eyesore.

weeble
    Free Member

My main race bike for this coming season is a purple Crockett. Lovely frame built up with full ultegra, avid ultimate canti’s, Reynolds Assault carbon wheels with Dugast tubs and Bontrager XXX finishing kit. 16lbs in weight cannot wait to give it the beans, looks fast

mrblobby
    Free Member

weeble, sounds good, that’s the sort of thing I’d be wanting. Ridden it much yet?

weeble
    Free Member

Not ridden it yet. I’ll let you know how it rides. Going to be racing on it 9th July so will get on it the weekend before

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

crockett is very good handling bike not as sharp as a Boone but still excellent.Go for it mate raced two last year just got himself the new grey one and I am buying his old white one for the winter.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Quick resurrection. Any more Crockett fans out there?

feeble, ridden it much yet? Photos? 🙂

Bregante

Yeah, sorry, the GPS is a bit of an eyesore.

I assumed he was referring to the appalling gear selection….

simondbarnes

I assumed he was referring to the appalling gear selection….

I’d just ridden up a hill and lazily put it in the big ring for the photo without bothering to change up at the back. I presumed he meant the colour anyway 🙂

Bregante

I think we’d all taken that one as a given 😀

Actually I quite like it.

jobro
    Free Member

Are there some cheap purple crockett frames out there?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Trek Crockett frameset… any reason not to?’ is closed to new replies.