Home Forums Bike Forum Tredz – Poor performance chaps!

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Tredz – Poor performance chaps!
  • smell_it
    Free Member

Tried twice to order from Tredz, both times had ‘out of stock’ emails and then further email extending the time to get said items; orders cancelled at this point both times. Never bothered with them again, and never will whilst the competition is so much better.

fandango
    Free Member

The shop (in Cardiff) is pretty good for stock and the mechanic is both knowledgible and and a dab hand. Unfortunately their stock comes from Swansea who seem to have trouble moving things around! My only online experience was when ordering a wire bead Aspen tyre at the bargain price of £12, I was sent a folding version a week later (at no extra charge).

highclimber
    Free Member

surprise surprise, they have just emailed me to tell me the product I ordered is out of stock. absolutely ridiculous effort to allow me to order the item in the first place!

highclimber
    Free Member

Hi, I am slightly annoyed given that your website didn’t inform me that the product wasn’t available otherwise I would have ordered it from elsewhere. I think you should review your stock checking policy regarding online purchases to avoid people wasting their time ordering from you.
    I would like to draw you attention to a thread started on Singletrackworld regarding your company. Here is the link: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/tredz-poor-performance-chaps?replies=43.

Should you decide to take heed of the experiences of your customers (if you can call them that given their orders were mostly unfulfilled) I would suggest you reply to this thread to let people know you are improving your service, lest people will continue to vote with their fingers and shop elsewhere.

Regards

Anthony

My reply to their standard let down email.

tredzbikes
    Free Member

First, thanks to Anthony for bringing this to our attention.

We are horrified to read some of you have encountered problems at Tredz and completely agree it shouldn’t be the case.

We’re very aware that we are only here because of our customers.
    As a few of you have pointed out, we’re not ‘that’ bike shop. As a team, I can promise you we genuinely care about the work we do and it hurts to see that we’ve been falling short in some cases.

As cyclists and consumers ourselves – we care plenty about the way we treat our customers and peers.

As such, we clearly have to listen to this, and more importantly learn from it. Rest assured we’re taking this as a kick up the backside and we thank you lot for giving it to us.

We are truly sorry that any of you might have had a poor experience with us. WE WILL DO BETTER.

We don’t feel it’s our place to start a conversation here, but we’d encourage any of you who have been affected to please get in touch with us on 01792 799508. We’ll do our utmost to rectify any problems.

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

I still like tredz. good response too in a non sierra cycling type way!

dh
    Free Member

These guts really suck. They claim items to be in stock which they don’t have and then just leave you hanging without letting you know.

Avoid.

pitduck
    Free Member

nice :-)

_tom_
    Free Member

I’ve had no problems with Tredz. Only used them 2-3 times though.

danjthomas
    Free Member

Ive ordered a giro kids helmet from them a week last Sunday, an automatic email said they will be in stock a few days later. They apparently sent it on friday, one week later although the website said in stock. They said fingers crossed it arrives by crimbo!! its too late to buy from else where now, shops that say you can buy up to wednesday cant control the royal mail!!

They price match thier web page in store which can be handy but otherwise i wont be letting them take the piss again.

leodis75
    Free Member

First, thanks to Anthony for bringing this to our attention.

We are horrified to read some of you have encountered problems at Tredz and completely agree it shouldn’t be the case.

We’re very aware that we are only here because of our customers.
    As a few of you have pointed out, we’re not ‘that’ bike shop. As a team, I can promise you we genuinely care about the work we do and it hurts to see that we’ve been falling short in some cases.

As cyclists and consumers ourselves – we care plenty about the way we treat our customers and peers.

As such, we clearly have to listen to this, and more importantly learn from it. Rest assured we’re taking this as a kick up the backside and we thank you lot for giving it to us.

We are truly sorry that any of you might have had a poor experience with us. WE WILL DO BETTER.

We don’t feel it’s our place to start a conversation here, but we’d encourage any of you who have been affected to please get in touch with us on 01792 799508. We’ll do our utmost to rectify any problems.

Just got this…

We are very sorry but there will be a slight delay with you order.

Unfortunately you ordered just as we were awaiting a restock, but we’re still aiming to get the item to you soon: likely next week.

We apologise for the wait, do please get in touch if you have any questions.

I ordered about 6-7 items and three are out of stock and stating “Likely next week” is very poor. I called them and pretty much waiting for themselves to be supplied, I am new to cycling and this is my first experience with Tredz, I shall not be buying again if these items are not del this week.

singletrackmind

OK
    I dont work for Tredz or know anyone or does
    To redress the balance a little …
    I ordered a waterproof for chrimbo online on the weekend before chrimbo.
    Got a phone call on the monday to say sorry , although the item is listed as in stock , it actually isnt .
    Was offered choice of refund and order cancellation , or keep order as is and get delivery just after chrimbo.
    Kept order , and jacket appeared before NYE .
    So they can do the right thing sometimes

theboatman
    Free Member

Wait till you get the further delay email next week leodis75, that was the point last time I cancelled my order.

Northwind

An item I ordered 2 weeks ago still shows no signs of turning up, they haven’t been in touch either way… Could have got it in-stock elsewhere so not too pleased. Hadn’t realised it was so common :(

timwillows
    Free Member

I must be lucky.
    Ordered a light, got email next day ‘out of stock, 7-10 days’ and then got the item 3 days later.
    On a sample size of 1 they did Ok for me, good price too.

mrmuddybum
    Free Member

I’ve only ever ordered from Tredz once, and that was enough. Ordered a waterproof jacket, and a couple of bottle cages. Jacket took over a week to arrive, and the bottle cages well over a month. Not once did they return any emails. They offered a 10% off £50 voucher as way of apologising, but safe to say it was quickly destroyed.

fasterthanfatman
    Free Member

My first order, a set of wheels for the Time Trialling season. really looking forward to seeing and riding them. Although advertised as in stock, they were actually out of stock. Got 13 emails over a period of 2 1/2 months of waiting, ‘will be in stock asap’, ‘will be arriving shortly’, ‘missed the boat’, ‘due anytime now’ etc. Although the staff were forthcoming in letting me know the situation they should have had the bloody wheels in stock in the first place. So annoyed with my very first order from them. Hasen to add I cancelled the order. Would never order again from then after this incident. :cry:

ska-49
    Free Member

I tried to order a gamut chain guide and got the out of stock email too despite being ‘in stock’. Not helpful as to when it would arrive so I cancelled it.

Haze

So, 7 months on and still the same…

highclimber
    Free Member

all this even after the ‘apology‘ post from them!

spudly1979
    Free Member

Just wanted to add my tuppenth! Only ordered from Tredz once admittedly, but had great service. Ordered a saddle online on sat morning, then realised when confirmation email arrived that I’d ordered try he wrong one. Emailed them explaining and asked to switch, expecting an email back on Tuesday as it was bank holiday weekend. They emailed back on the Sunday, offering to switch for a similar one, as the one I wanted was 5 quid more, or I could pay the additional fiver. I sent the link showing it at the same price, they replied saying it was an error but as a show of good faith they would honour the price. Saddle arrived on the Wednesday after.

Far far better service than I’ve ever received from wiggle.

monty5959
    Free Member

Guess what? Ordered a bike from there only to find out they didn’t have it in stock.Having read this thread I can only hope that they get it in stock sharpish or I will report them to the Office of Fair Trading,using this site (as well as numerous others) as evidence of malpractice. Tredz promised to get their act together and have not been true to their word.

wwaswas

Ordered a bike from there only to find out they didn’t have it in stock

they have 28 days to supply whatever you ordered.

avdave2

I’ve had an order in that turned out to be out of stock but they had the decency to pick up the phone and call me and offer an alternative which I was happy to accept. For that reason I would use them again but maybe not initially for anything I needed quickly.

traildog
    Free Member

I had an order which was also out of stock (it was out of stock everywhere, the importers didn’t even have it). They rang me to let me know and ask if I wanted to cancel the order or not. I didn’t, and during my wait for the item them kept me informed on the importers ETA. They were friendly and easy to talk to and I was left quite impressed to be honest.

cheburashka
    Free Member

I can only hope that they get it in stock sharpish or I will report them to the Office of Fair Trading,using this site (as well as numerous others) as evidence of malpractice.

Considering a certain bike shop in Buxton is still staggering on after all these years it might be a waste of time. I ordered some X0 shifters a few months ago from Tredz, price was cheapest by a margin and they arrived within a couple of days max. Obviously only one order but there you go.

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Tredz – Poor performance chaps!’ is closed to new replies.