Home Forums Bike Forum Travers Russ Ti – anyone know much about them?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Travers Russ Ti – anyone know much about them?
  • ibnchris

Evening all,

Am lusting after a ti 29er hardtail and quit like the idea of being able to a little fat if in the mood…hence the Travers. Previously been looking at the Kinesis sync, salsa mariachi ti, kona rajin but these travers bikes look lovely.

Anyone know much about how they compare? And the main thing I’m keen to know is the weight as there is no mention on the site. Also, because they take a fatter wheel does that mean my old American Clasic wheelset I have on my swift won’t be able to move across?

scotroutes

Very popular as a maker of fatbike frames too. Good reputation.

Also consider something custom from Pact bikes – fully custom for around the same sort of budget.

ianfitz
    Free Member

Pretty sure that travers does customs too. They do look nice…

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Liking them a lot.
    Thinking the same idea with the fat tyres.
    They are 148 boost on the rear.
    I did ask for 142 as a option which he would do but will cost an extra 200 as its a custom.
    Maybe able to fit your old wheels?
    Max

scotroutes

Think about gearing and desired tyre width before worrying about axle size. If you want 2x gearing and 3″ tyres then Boost is almost inescapable.

mos

I have a custom xl one with a 142 x 12 rear end, 28″ top to be & 20″ seat tube. Only thing i messed up on was not getting reverb hose guides.
    But yes, very comfy all day bike.
    Mine weighs about 28 lbs. If I lost the reverb & the 1 lb inner tubes it would be about 25 lbs, which for that type of bike is pretty good.
    Build is;
    Hope hubs with 38mm LB carbon rims
    Bonty 29 x 3 tyres
    1 x 10 drive train
    XT brakes.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

I’ve just let Mr Travers himself know about this thread.

I am very biased and i have 3 of his bikes with another on order.

The welding is the best you’ll find anywhere, custom bikes take around 6 weeks depending on time of ordering.

Whereabouts are you in the country?

I’m really happy with my custom Bat Fastard 5″ fat bike, stock Rudy 29er (the one before the Russ Ti) and my custom 29er+ Angus.

Never had an issue and I can’t wait for my custom 40mm wide tyred CX/adventure bike which is about 4 weeks away.

russwelch
    Free Member

My rig with lauf forks running 35mm rims and + sized rockets comes in under 10kg
    Russ ti[/url]

traversbikes
    Free Member

I have a number of demo bikes built up and will be building more in the next couple of months to cover all the sizes. I am based in Essex and will be doing some demo days in a couple of months, date to be confirmed on my website. Eds Bikes in North Yorkshire also has some demo models. I will also have a stand at Brighton Big Dog

dovebiker

I think you’ll find Pact and Travers frames are built by the same company in Xiamen. Have a couple of frames myself from the same builder, very happy with them. Probably comes down to which one you like best.

hummerlicious
    Free Member

The awesomeness that is my @traversbikes Russ Ti by Jim Barrow[/url], on Flickr

@tjmax173 and I are in full #tourdivide rehearsal mode on the #WRT #welshridething this weekend. #bikepacking by Jim Barrow[/url], on Flickr

Here’s mine, I had some custom options as I had a specific use in mind

Tour divide

mos

@Russwelch, that bike is beautiful. Just wondering what pressure you are running in your tyres (assuming they are tubeless)? I did have the Panaracer Fat B Nimbles set up tubeless, but anything under 20psi just meant i was pinch flatting & i knackered one of them of the first ride.

hummerlicious
    Free Member

I run mine at 11psi or 14psi if the bike is loaded

JohnClimber
    Free Member

And here’s mine the Rudy 29er which was the model before the Russ Ti

ibnchris

What sort of travel can it take up front? Would be good to be able to go 120…

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

I was told by Travers it will take up to 120mm fine.
    Max

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Travers Russ Ti – anyone know much about them?’ is closed to new replies.