Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Travel Insurance (with MTB covered, natch)
  • cy

Give us your recommendations. We stopped getting our annual cover a while ago, but I’m off to Portugal avec velo in a couple of weeks so need to get sorted. What are you guys using and what should I expect to pay?

molgrips
    Free Member

Insure and Go are the only ones I found that cover MTBing.

Del

plenty of insurers cover mtb so long as it’s recreational. ive used the PO most recently. has had very good press from those who’ve actually had to use the cover.

coffeeking
    Free Member

What the hell is natch?

ebygomm
    Free Member

i’ve used travelinsuranceweb for a few years now. good value and easy to tailor to activities you require including mountain biking.

alfabus
    Free Member

snowcard.co.uk for me… sorted everything quickly and easily when I broke my pelvis in Les Gets, even put me on the phone with an English speaking doctor to explain everything to me.

Lying in a hospital bed is not the point at which you want to find that your insurance company are getting picky about cover.

Dave

coffeeking
    Free Member

Lying in a hospital bed is not the point at which you want to find that your insurance company are getting picky about cover.

You’re not doing much else so you might as well be thinking about that.

alfabus
    Free Member

You’re not doing much else so you might as well be thinking about that.

Interesting approach 😆 Plan to have loads of paperwork and money worries to occupy you when injured 🙂

Dave

cy

Thanks guys. Much appreciated. We used to be with Insure and Go, so might well just give them another crack.

Natch = naturally

alfabus
    Free Member

get a quote from snowcard – if there are 2 of you ‘living as if married’, they do a hefty discount for insuring you as a couple… ours was £140 each, or £170 for two.

Dave

edit: those figures were the ones I can remember from 2 years ago, might be more now.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

I was just about to ask a very similar question myself. I need insurance for a week’s boarding and then a week’s biking in the Alps – I take it snowcard covers the both?

Prices seem to have shot up?

clareymorris

Insure n go for me too…….platinum annual cover for two. Sorted 😀

metalheart
    Free Member

+1 for Snowcard.

Dislocated my finger in Utah and needed an op to reseat. They were pretty helpful and paid a goodwill gesture that they didn’t strictly need to do.

I’d have no hesitation in using them again.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Snowcard covered me racing the Mega, and were great when I bust my wrist.

Also used Columbus for annual stuff (inc mtb, but not racing), but never tried claiming.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Oinc.com Less than a third of the price of Dogtag 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Travel Insurance (with MTB covered, natch)’ is closed to new replies.