Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Transition patrol/suppressor downtube protector
  • poah
    Free Member

got it from triton cycles although its actually made for a trek remedy it fits really well and cheap. Will also fit my son’s ripcord

http://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/frames-forks-c6/frame-fork-spares-c152/trek-remedy-29-2014-carbon-armour-kit-p12605

jamj1974

Excellentl! Been looking for one!

nsbikescore1
    Free Member

Which size frame have you fitted this on poah?

jamj1974

Does it use self-adhesive pads to fit?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Yes, it has double sided tape fitted.

You need to cut out the area for the cable outlet point, but otherwise it goes straight on.

nsbikescore1
    Free Member

Also, what sort of materiel is it?

I’d actually just bought this for my patrol:

https://www.merlincycles.com/lizard-skins-large-frame-protector-92951.html

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

It’s moulded rubber – probably about 5mm thick.

nsbikescore1
    Free Member

It actually looks like it fits pretty well. Do you think that it will stay stuck on?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Yep, it’s got some serious adhesive to it.

I’ve had other bikes with a similar protector that has stayed put.

nsbikescore1
    Free Member

Worth a punt then thanks 🙂

jamj1974

Ordered. Thanks very much for the heads up. I have been going through all sorts of ideas for a tough, tidy and durable protector for some time and this looks like it fits the bill.

poah
    Free Member

It’s on a small suppressor but fits at least a large patrol. You might need to cut a wee bit of the side on the large suppressor just to make it fit smoothly due to the shape of the tube

jamj1974

I’m prepared to have to do a little bit of ‘adjusting’ to make sure it fits neatly. I have a Patrol Carbon in large, so think it may need some cutting of slots to allow it to fit a large tube.

fathomer

I’ve ordered one to see if it’ll fit my Scout, fingers crossed 😀

stevied
    Free Member

Any idea if it would fit a round tube? Need something for my Liteville…this looks good.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I’m prepared to have to do a little bit of ‘adjusting’ to make sure it fits neatly. I have a Patrol Carbon in large, so think it may need some cutting of slots to allow it to fit a large tube.

Mine is on a large carbon Patrol, you don’t need to cut it.

Any idea if it would fit a round tube? Need something for my Liteville…this looks good.

Probably not, it’s banana shaped to fit the curve of the tube. There are some others on their site for other Trek’s that would be fine though for a straight tube.

jamj1974

Cheers Hob Nob!

goyawave
    Free Member

I just tried to fit a 2016 Rockguardz protector to my Patrol but it turns out the cable exit point has moved on the 2017 frame. Hopefully Rockguardz can offer a 2017 version but in the meantime, how are people getting on with this Trek downtube protector?

poah
    Free Member

Fine other than having to restick it

jamj1974

Mine is absolutely fine.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Transition patrol/suppressor downtube protector’ is closed to new replies.