Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Trampoline recommendations
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Having bounced down the field one too many times it’s time to replace our kids trampoline.
    There are so many on the internet but all with very non-descript web sites that don’t really give much information.
    If our old one hadn’t turned into a pringle the only issues would have been:
    1) the netting falling apart after 3 years I think UV damage was the culprit – if I can find one that has easy to remove netting I’d take it off over the winter to prolong its life a bit.
    2) The kids grab hold of the netting and pull down which eventually forced the enclosure pole through the top of the top that holds the netting on the pole – cue the netting falling down like badly fitting pants.
    So any recommendations? Easy to remove netting (and maybe fibreglass enclosure poles would be a bonus) that doesn’t have tubes for the enclosure poles to fit into if possible.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Not tri-ang. Quality is not great.

Our netting and supports got trashed by a falling tree, so we don’t have than anymore. No accidents yet, the kids are much better now at just bouncing in the middle, whereas they used to fling themselves into the netting all the time.

Legoman
    Free Member

We’ve got a Jumpking Ovalpod, over 2 years old and looks pretty much like new.
    The way the net attaches is better than most – it sort of clips to the top of the uprights which is easier on the eye than the usual multiple strap arrangment and if someone grabs it I think it would pop out at the top rather than rip.

Not cheap (think we paid close to £500 for the 10x15ft model) but I reckon you get what you pay for with these things.

ski
    Free Member

Our Jumpking netting lasted 3-4 years, perished due to UV damage, granted the Trampoline still ok, but we had to order new netting for ours!

theotherjonv

ditto what ski said (4 years), but at least it is replaceable.

ski
    Free Member

We have it setup like this at the moment

Our youngest, can still use it as a trampoline and the oldest loves to camp outside in her ‘den’ 😉

http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/trampolines/jumpking_tent_10ft/9947_p.html?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Froogle&utm_campaign=Froogle

sharkbait
    Free Member

The Jumpking Ovalpod looks good. Two questions: I was going to get a 14′ round trampoline, how does the 15′ x 10′ compare in size?
    It looks like the enclosure can be removed fairly easily – is that correct?

mefty
    Free Member

we have got the jumpking 14′ round i think, bigger than the oval one and cheaper, pleased with it, the oval one are better for two people using at the same time apparently but no doubt come accompanied with multiple signs that you shouldn’t use this way.

ski
    Free Member

It looks like the enclosure can be removed fairly easily – is that correct?

Loads of strapings to secure that hold the sides down, so not something I would want to do often, but yes it packs down well and is cool to sleep under in the summer.

Ours came free with the trampoline, dont think I would pay £80-90 for one on its own, you could get a decent tent for that.

sharkbait
    Free Member

the oval one are better for two people using at the same time apparently

I’ve got 3 girls that would be using it so an oval one would probably better in this case

bigblackshed

TP Toys.

LINK

mefty
    Free Member

I’ve got 3 girls that would be using it so an oval one would probably better in this case

I would not get too hung up on this supposed advantage, the round ones are bigger and significantly cheaper and multiple kids still have fun on them even if the instructions tell you not to have more than one person on them at a time.

cloudnine
    Free Member

http://www.atlantictrampolines.co.uk/

Got one and very happy with it..

croen
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh5knx1Bt64[/video]

sharkbait
    Free Member

Well thanks to evilbay I’ve managed to bag an unused 15′ [round] Jumpking Select that is still boxed for £180 🙂

TiRed

We have a Jumpking Oval Pod. 15×10. Go big, as kids only get larger. Our teenager still uses it. Netting OK at 2yrs, but the rod that stablizes the top didn’t survive a larger teenager hanging from it! Well made and recommended. Oval trampolines are however a B***er to put together the first time. Read the instructions MANY times.

EDIT: just read you’ve bought the round one. Should be easier to put together. Removing the netting is not a trivial task. Removing the supports and dropping it down is easy.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Trampoline recommendations’ is closed to new replies.