Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Trails near or not too far from Munich?
  • flyingmm

Planning a wee trip in the Autumn to see a mate who’ll be based in Munich. Looking for day trips from there or perhaps a trip to a resort 2-3 hours away. We ride a heckler and orange 5 and looking for trails to challenge along with nice xc routes – suggestions welcome 🙂

MrGreedy

There’s an article in ST issue 69 which should fit the bill – local riding stuff from SRAM in Munich, plus a trip to Tegernsee in the Austrian Alps – definitely worth checking out in the magarchive or flicking through your back issues for.

MrGreedy

<Double post>

Dave
    Free Member

Plenty of singletrack along the Isar river, we headed out from the zoo…

alpin
    Free Member

yo…. Minga is my adopted hometown. i’m booked up with work for August, otherwise i would be happy to show you around.

ST had a decent article about Munich/Bavarian Alps a few months back.

as said, there is a little riding just south of munich along the Isar, but you need to know where to look. i don’t ride there often myself as it is too busy on weekends.

i usually (nae, always) head south to the Alps, approx. 45-60 mins from munich centre with the train.

there are loads of fantastic trails in the Bavarian Voralpen.
    Tegernsee is a really pretty place and hence is full of tourists when the sun is shining. look at Kompass map #7 for the Tegernsee area.

Leogang is three hours away on the train. there is the Big 5 tour…. basically a loop of Leogang, Saalbach and Hinterglemm using the lifts and descending a different trail each time.

take a look at gps-tour.info for rides. adjust the search settings to search for more technical tours (three technical stars or more) as the germans like their fireroads.

@ Dave. i’m guessing in your article that you rode Hirschberg on your first day down south (singletrack descent down the local ski slope?). but what bugs me is where did you go – or rather descend – on your second day? Schellenbergalm and Soinsee i know of (bitch of a climb between the two!), but where did you go from Soinsee?

If you’re there again have a look at the western trail on the southern flank of Risserkogel (behind Wallberg which is the hill at the head of Tegernsee lake) if you like switchbacks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Trails near or not too far from Munich?’ is closed to new replies.