Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Trail rage? Perhaps I owe someone an apology.
  • Spin
    Free Member

If the chap we encountered at Mabie today reads this:

We were a group of 6 guys riding down the landy track at the start / finish of the red.

The lead rider shouted back that you were approaching and we tried to move across as quickly as we could.

From what we saw though it wasn’t quick enough for you as you appeared to accelerate towards us ignoring our waves and hellos and scowling at us. When you drew level you skidded and swerved towards us seemingly in an attempt to intimidate us or register your displeasure.

Now if I’ve misinterpreted or misrecalled any of that I hereby offer my apology for shouting rude names back up the trail at you.

If on the other hand I’ve got it right then I hope we ruined your day as much as it seemed we had.

allthegear
    Free Member

Well, I hope you learned your lesson this time!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

so you were all across a two way bit of track and blocked someone causing them to get annoyed?

Markie
    Free Member

A passive aggressive apology? Very (stereotypical) STW!

cookeaa

so are you sorry or not?

GW
    Free Member

😆 gotta love trailcentreknobbers (Yes, all 7 of you)

alpin
    Free Member

^^ haha!

matt_outandabout

😆

rupertpostlethwaite
    Free Member

Disgraceful behaviour! Especially to our fellow cyclists, and to come on here and practically gloat about your laddish behaviour! 🙄
    I hope you feel proud of yourself! Intimidating other cyclists while in the presence of your friends is without doupt bullying! Would you have done such a thing if you were alone? Hmm, maybe not. I see idiots like you all the time down coed-y-brenin trying to bardge past.

thedon
    Free Member

Sounds like you deserved it.

martinxyz
    Free Member

I predict a 5 pager

glupton1976
    Free Member

You didn’t spoil my day. The skid was to avoid a rare toad that I spotted on the trail.

LoveTubs
    Free Member

I’ll stop this one dead. Was over at Shitewood Pines with my lads (twins of 7years) doing the red route – get in 🙂 Anyway, it happened to be a race meet day. Cut a long story short an entire race team (all green, I think they were Germanic ??) were out for a post race bit of fun which was halted somewhat by my lads pace.

Visually amusing, this high-powered ‘train’ of pros with my two leading out, they (the pros) didn’t seem to mind although I was LOLing much to the frustration of one particular chappie.

OT I agree, yet funny and what this thread needs 🙂

There are ‘tools’ everywhere, it’s finding the comedy within any emotional confrontation that wins the day.

radoggair
    Free Member

^^^^^^^^^^ think everyone has mis-read your post and went on the (stereotypical) STW defensive. Sounds like they were a bit of a knob.

Spin
    Free Member

My post was genuine.

After the event I felt bad for shouting at another rider in case I’d misinterpreted his actions. If this was the case I would apologise were it possible.

If on the other hand he did deliberately skid to intimidate us then IMO it’s us that would be owed an apology.

Either way it is small potatoes but thats the meat and veg of web forums isn’t it?

For the record we had left a gap but were a bit spread across the road as we had just pulled away from a junction.

I’ll hand over to the great and good of STW to thrash it out now. Enjoy!

cynic-al
    Free Member

It’s a vital bit of social work/OT IMO.

hugor
    Free Member

If you ride popular trail centres on weekends you have to expect to be slowed down as much as you would be slowed down riding a multiuse urban path.
    If he rolled his eyes its his problem TBH.

mjsmke

Ive never had a problem at trail centres. Im not particularly fast but i am faster than some. So i get held up just as much as others get held up by me. But i do move over as much as possible (or stop) when faster riders are approaching.

In the OP defence he/she is looking to apologise if an apology is needed. You did the right thing by moving across.

If you were at the start of a long narrow bit then i would have stopped for a few seconds. But then if you are near the end there is no reason to stop.

rOcKeTdOg

How do u intimidate by skidding?

oldgit
    Free Member

Sounds like the approaching rider was still in car drivers mode.

sc-xc

Do you remember nothing from school?

Did a skid,
    Killed a kid,
    Cut his balls on a dustbin lid.

rOcKeTdOg

at private school we had someone to ride our bikes for us

composite
    Free Member

sc-xc – Member

Do you remember nothing from school?

Did a skid,
    Killed a kid,
    Cut his balls on a dustbin lid.

😆 Thank you for that. 😆

Rickos
    Free Member

Was the grumpy skidder in their car/4×4? Why did he accelerate at you on a fire road? Does he have no riding buddies?

mjsmke

Maybe he was in BMW mode…. must get past people in front!

Gary_M
    Free Member

I don’t understand this, was the person in a car or on a bike? If they were on a bike how would skidding intimidate you?

Does he have no riding buddies?

What does that have to do with anything?

Rickos
    Free Member

If he rides with other’s he’d know what it’s like to ride in a group, as in, you’re a group and can take up a bit of space. No buddies = billy no mates = gets angry at people who have friends and ride in a group cos he doesn’t understand that a few people can take up space on a fire road, etc. etc.

It was meant as a poke at the skidder for being a knob and probably having no friends. Not meant as a serious question, so don’t take it seriously.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I reckon he was the one laughing for getting you to wound up, probably a skid of joy 😆

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Trail rage? Perhaps I owe someone an apology.’ is closed to new replies.