Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Trail Drop seat post – any reviews yet?
  • thorlz
    Free Member

While waiting not so patiently for the next batch of seatposts to arrive, I thought that I would ask for the thoughts of the people on here that bought one.

I.e beat me to them, the b’#’*rds 😛

So, are they worth waiting for?

will it change my riding forever?

Cheers

hugor
    Free Member

Great looking post!
    A bit like the GD. I’m very interested too.

flyingmonkeycorps

Looks interesting, though 85mm isn’t really that much. Tempting to take a punt on it for the price, though.

NormalMan

I was going to ask the same question at some point too.

I am interested in one after missing out on the original batch and had hoped one or two reviews would have appeared by now.

juan
    Free Member

It’s exactly the same than the ICE light. Nowhere as well finished as the GC. Nowhere as light. And it’s a bit more of a PITA to get it up and down. Plus returning to the extended position is quite fast. It also has a lot of whobble.

HTH

Trimix
    Free Member

Drop length is important.

If you cant drop your post right out of the way there is not much point in having it.

Sure, dropping it a bit helps for some stuff like cornering or techy trail stuff, but other stuff, like big drops, jumps etc you need it right out of the way.

If you spend money on a dropper make sure it will drop all the way down, otherwise you have only bought half a solution.

Trimix
    Free Member

Actually 85mm !

Thats bugger all.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Sure, dropping it a bit helps for some stuff like cornering or techy trail stuff, but other stuff, like big drops, jumps etc you need it right out of the way.

The trend for saddles that low went from DH ~10 years ago. Most now have some post showing. And a lot of frames (my on-one 456 and my pitch anyway) had more drop available with a dropper post than with a normal post as theres butting/bottle bosses etc in the tubes.

I’ve a medium/17″ pitch, the reverb sticks out by about an inch + the collar, so in theory a normal post would go 2″ lower, but in reality it’s not going to bother me. 3″ would probably be enough for me on a normal XC/trail bike where the emphasis is more on surviving the downs dab free without loseing too much time and they’re unlikely to involve big jumps.

AlexSimon

I’ve lived with a 3″ joplin for a couple of years now and it’s definitely enough to transform the feel of the bike.

I put it down a bit more for uplift days, but for trail riding 3″ is great.

Just my 2c

cakefacesmallblock

Jury is still out for me on droppers. But, having considered it I’ve been keeping a mental note as to how much I drop my post on my trail bike for bigger drops / techy sections, ( on the odd occasion that I do drop it). 85mm would be enough for me as 70mm (ish) is all I tend to drop it anyway. I’m about 5’10, riding a medium / 18″ Giant.

Trimix
    Free Member

Just buy one that will suit your current, proposed and potential future needs. Then you wont need to change it again should your riding change.

I got a reverb as its a massive drop but infinatly adjustable, Ive gone from small drops to bowel loosening ones since using it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Trail Drop seat post – any reviews yet?’ is closed to new replies.