Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Trail centre recommedations. 1 hour off M62 corridor (ish)
  • rockhopper70

Looking for some advice on trail centres as part of the, “let’s set a date a go there” motiviation for someone who hasn’t ridden for a while.

We did Coed Llandegla and enjoyed that.

2 Hours driving max from Hebden Bridge.

Dalby has been suggested..any good?

rupertpostlethwaite
    Free Member

Absolutely recommend lee quarry! Fantastic riding although not for the faint hearted! I think the downhill course is way too rocky, had to push down a lot of it. 😕

jamess
    Free Member

+1 Lee Quarry – make sure you do Cragg Quarry at the same time.

ton

gisburn
    stainburn.

ads678

Yep as above really, gisburn, stainburn, lee quarry. Stainbutn isn’t a circular route type place though, more shorter more tech routes to session. Although there is lot around there if you go exploring. Dalby is a decent long trail, and hamsterly is good if you’re prepared to go a touch further. Warncliffe for more DH action is only 40 mins from m62.

Peaks for natural stuff, just get ab OS map and go for it!!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

If you insist on a trail centre, Gisburn would be my choice. Lee/Cragg are ok but a bit theme park-ey. Plus Gisburn has the cafe/pub.

If you fancy something waaay better than all those I’d had to Cut Gate or maybe even get loads more riding time and take the 20 minute drive east to Halifax. But theres not a lot of decent riding around there 😉

rockhopper70

DBW…am I missing something with the wink.
    Are you saying that HX is a biking mecca as I haven’t found it yet?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Well I can count on the fingers of one hand probably the number of times I’ve used the car to go riding in the last year/18 months.

Rocky stuff – tick.
    Woodsey endless singletrack – tick
    Super tech stuff – tick
    Moorland stuff – tick

I don’t think I even made the effort to get to Hebden more than two or three times last year…

rockhopper70

I have to concede that the rider who hasn’t ridden for a while was getting stalled with riding around haworth/hebden as it was busy with walkers and trails and complaints being aired. Some release in trail centres where you aren’t going to meet anyone.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Code y Brenin is within 2hrs of Hebden. Gisburn is probably your nearest and pretty good. Whinlatter (Lakes) should also be.

Surprised what you say about walkers locally. Most riding around Baildon/Harden/Howarth is cheeky trail and most folk are normally very pleasent.

dadandlad
    Free Member

You can do Penmachno in 2hrs from Hx depending on traffic
    Far better than Degla and nowhere near as busy
    Pub meal in Betsy afterwards
    Great day out

olie
    Free Member

You live in Hebden and want to get in the car and drive for 2hrs? Really?????

rockhopper70

You live in Hebden and want to get in the car and drive for 2hrs? Really?????

it’s a motivation thing…no brainer riding that trail centres offer…sorry 😐

coolhandluke
    Free Member

The MTL? We saw hardly anyone when we rode it.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Trail centre recommedations. 1 hour off M62 corridor (ish)’ is closed to new replies.