Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • World cup spoiler
  • buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

It's a real shame the weather messed up the race results but that's mountain biking. Well done Sam for taking the win after being messed up by his crash at Fort William which ruined the rest of his racing season.

brakes
    Free Member

Can no one remember a time when Hill was denied a world cup because of some rain?

doesn't mean we have to like it… or that it makes it fair
    it was all so well set up to be a great World Cup with so many contenders, a whole week of practice in the dry and then a couple of showers in the last 10 minutes of race day spoils it.

GW
    Free Member

Bakes from reports I've read from people who were actually there and ride DH themselves showers started way earlier and the conditions didn't really change between Hill's run and the last 10 riders.

You're not the same **** who said Beaumont isn't one of the Top WC DH riders are you?

brakes
    Free Member

from watching it on freecaster, it looked to me that the conditions at the top on the open bits across the grassy piste were stickier after Hill came down, and that was showing in the times at the first checkpoint where Hill arguably won the race. problem was, after the first 20 seconds, you didn't get to see any more footage until about 3 minutes into the run so don't know what it was like.

You're not the same **** who said Beaumont isn't one of the Top WC DH riders are you?

no, I just think that Hill is a div and don't like it when he wins, regardless of his untouchable abilities

Marge
    Free Member

Did anyone else watch the XC?
    It was shown live on tv here in Belgium so didn't have to pay for it.
    Great course.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

bakes

doesn't mean we have to like it… or that it makes it fair
    it was all so well set up to be a great World Cup with so many contenders, a whole week of practice in the dry and then a couple of showers in the last 10 minutes of race day spoils it.

Fair? Ignoring the fact that Hill was out for almost the whole season with injury – it was clearly raining heavily when Hill started his run. Warner said as much in his commentary, you can see it in photos from his run –

The track was wet for all of the top men. Hill has shown time and again that he rules in the wet. Imo had he gone last he still would have won. Neither he or the weather "spoiled" it. If anything he made the event even more sensational.

Bottom line is Hill may not be the fittest or most consistent rider in the world but he is the fastest. Take your oil.

Brycey
    Free Member

GW, that was me, and at the time I acknowledged (after a while) that I'd got it wrong. Out of interest what does the **** represent?

From what I could see Hill had the rain as well, though there's an arguement the track wasn't as cut up. That's racing though.

GW
    Free Member

I just think that Hill is a div and don't like it when he wins

hmmm… Yeah! 😕 bakes you are the div not the 2010 World Champ.

Hill was fastest in every split, Well.. 0.02s slower than Stevie Smith in split 2 (You do you realise the split times aren't 100% accurate)

here's the track for your expert opinion on how to argue exactly where it was won or lost. 🙄
    http://www.vitalmtb.com/videos/member/Worlds-Track-with-Justin-Leov,3697/sspomer,2

GW
    Free Member

starts with "tw" brycey.

Brycey
    Free Member

Thought as much. Make you feel the big man does it?

Andituk
    Free Member

It had only just started to rain like that when Hill came down though, look how clean he is there.

By the time Gee and Peaty came down the track was cut up and both riders were sliding around, Gee spent most of the run with one foot out unclipped.

brakes
    Free Member

here's the track for your expert opinion on how to argue exactly where it was won or lost

I'm just disappointed for Peaty, Gee and Beaumont because the track looked like it had cut up over the last 10 runs, just giving my opinion based on what I'd seen…
    … and my irrational dislike of Sam Hill 8)

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘World cup spoiler’ is closed to new replies.