Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • tow bar mounted bike racks
  • 29erconvert
    Free Member

please can anyone recommend a good one please?

thehustler
    Free Member

I have a pendle which is now about 10 years old and still going strong, cant say much better than that….

project
    Free Member

ive got a thule euroclassic 905 2 bike rack for sale , never used won in a competition.

Ticklinjock

I have been using the cheap Thule one (9403) for 3 years and it does the job. Would probably go for the Buzzrack if I was buying today.

peath
    Free Member

I’ve got a Thule 2 bike carrier, can’t remember the model number I’m afraid, it’s about 9 years old and is lasting well (it’s history included long trips to the Alps/Wales/Scotland with 2 DH bikes) and now performing family duties well!

It folds up fairly small too, which was a major bonus when I didn’t have a garage.

Tiger6791

I’ve also got the Thule 9403 3 Bike

Pros
    It does what I need, holds 3 bikes rock solid.
    Fits a swan neck
    Tilts with the bikes on so I can open the boot.
    Easy and quick to fit and remove
    Number plate/ electrics and lights all built in

Cons
    The release for the tilt is a hand screw type thing it can get stuck is a bit fiddly and their are 2 to undo
    It’s pretty big to store
    With 3 bikes they have to be positioned just so to all fit next to each other.

Saying that it works for me and I’m very happy with it.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I’ve got the 9403 as well. other than the screw thingys on the tilt mech it’s very good.

alisonsmiles
    Free Member

I have a Sealey cycle carrier which although it does the job, is incredibly quick to put on and is small enough to store easily I can’t wait for something to go slightly wrong so I can buy a thule one! For one bike, it’s fine, just make sure you tether the bike tightly so it doesn’t bump and rub against the stand. With two bikes you end up in a whole world of pipe insulation foam to try to stop the two bikes rubbing against each other. I’ve got a handy jar of enamel paint I keep touching up the frame with and it’s really not ideal.

Mounty_73

A thule 9402 here, very good and simple to use…

karen805
    Free Member

I’ve got the Thule 908 2 bike rack, it works brilliantly for us, so quick and easy to pop on and the bikes go on a treat. The downside is it’s size, it’s pretty big to store.

I like it because it’s 100% legal with it’s built in light bar and number plate holder.

jet26
    Free Member

Buzzrunner 3. Fantastic rack. Locks to towbar, holds three bikes, adjustable wheel slots, all bikes lock to rack and lightboard etc included.

Also has a good tilting mechanism and VERY easy to get in boot even with three bikes on.

Not much info around about them but got one and has been to south wales and back twice and to the pyrenees and back from yorkshire with no problems at all.

For the money it’s a cracking buy.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

one of these , cant remember what model thule … sorry … 3 bikes and you can tilt it with one hand , awesome bit of kit

Grim
    Free Member

Atera Strada DL3 is what I have. Fantastic bit of kit, easy to fit, to load and to store.
    As you can probably tell I am very happy with it.

null

Grim 🙂

29erconvert
    Free Member

Anyone using a Thule Xpress 970 seen on the web for £47 they look very compact to store?

gixerator
    Free Member

Ive got the 923 with the four bike. Great bit of kit. just put the bikes opposite way round and staggered forward and back. also use pipe lagging on any areas that might touch. Its used every week.

jam-bo

Anyone using a Thule Xpress 970 seen on the web for £47 they look very compact to store?

Yes. All the time. Leave it folded up in the boot. Solid rack but you probably need a number plate/lightboard too.

Hanky

Agree with Grim.

I’ve had an Altera Strada 3 from Roofbox for about a month. Very happy so far, one of the considerations was that when not in use you can fit it in the boot. Video showing ease of fitting on the site gave me some comfort prior to purchase.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘tow bar mounted bike racks’ is closed to new replies.