Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Torridon rides
  • spando
    Free Member

I’m planning to head up to Torridon in July any suggestions for quality routes involving good long tech descents? Looking at bing maps and sat pictures behind liatach looks ok but i’m inspired by the look of the terrain around Maol Chean Dearg, would appreciate your suggestions and pics if poss to wet my appetite.

Thanks 😯

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

I rode the Torridon loop from the V Graphics Scotland Mountain Biking – Wild Trails today. Very impressed with the technical singletrack descent from Bealach na Lice to Annat. Recommended.

spando
    Free Member

Come on folks someone must have good torridon info

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Have search on here – several threads and routes have been discussed

Kbrembo
    Free Member

Ok….
    Torridon
    Steve Pete/Danny Mac
    Pictures
    Another….

Loads more around

Have Fun

Dair
    Free Member

Eh, D-MAN-DING!

I have ridden clockwise around the back of Liatach. There was a carry of about an hour, which, to be honest, ruined it. That said, the final descent to the road was awesome. It might even be worth pushing/riding up the descent.

The Annat ride is worth the trip on its own.

As above, there is plenty STW discussion on earlier threads.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=torridon+singletrack+world+forum

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Did a wee road trip up there a few years ago. Superb riding, the loop from Torridon along loch Clair through Drochaid Coire Lair to Achnashellach then along to Coulags up n over Bealach na Lice with a superb final descent back to Torridon.
    Have also done the route behind Liathach, ( mentioned above) starts really well then just turns to crap on a boggy hike a bike over very tussocky ground. Pretty slow going…. but that descent…. again another cracker, bed rock stepy foot path switch backs… everything.
    If you can get the Kenny Wilson book there are a good few routes in it but I think its out of print.
    Some superb riding there. Take a few spares as its pretty remote some of the ground is quite sandy, we did it on a sunny wet / rainy / hail stone sort of day. At the end we had all worn our brake bads to the metal! Take some spares. Post some picks when youv been!

sangobegger
    Free Member

Drop the car at Achnashellach, down to Coulags up to Bealach Ban, round into Coir Lair and back to Achnashellach.The last section is some of the best rock riding in the higlands,like Laggan without signposts.Pretty much rode yourself into the ground covering the three routes mentioned above.And x3 the Liathach route.I wouldnt bother because the hill south of it offer so much more riding anyway.
    As for walking in the area take your pick, but a circuit of Beinn Dearg could involve a cycle into the bridge about 1.2 miles in, hide the bike,and then pick it up and enjoy the best of the Lithach path without the hike a bike bit further on.
    And if you want a really scary descent,head for the Bealach na Ba at Applecross.Just don’t make any mistakes,they don’t call it terminal velocity for nothing.

spando
    Free Member

Great thanks, have also been looking at rest of STW, so much to ride not enough time. 😀

billyboy
    Free Member

Applecross to Kenmore………. not spectacular but rideable in both directions for most of its length and it is one of my favourite rides…. do it with the road ride up Bealach na Baa to make a round trip, or go north from Applecross round the coast road but do the bridleway from Applecross to Sands for the first section…there is supposed to be another one further north off the coast road but I failed to find it. Don’t do the northern track off the Applecross-Kenmore track which ends nearer Shieldaig…it just isn’t rideable for large stretches.

Coulags to Annat….Bealach na Lice was a real struggle to try and ride and I just hike a biked most, but it was well worth it for the down, some of which I did walk because I was alone and I ain’t a riding God. The Coulin Pass can be joined to it to make a round trip and there are various options in between the two that fellow riders told me were doable but which I haven’t tried yet.

robgarrioch

Might be some useful info in this recent thread too.

spando
    Free Member

thanks billy boy, yeh i’ve heard about the kenmore to applecross ride being nice. We plan to do it on the first day.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Torridon rides’ is closed to new replies.