Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Top 5 regrets of the dying
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

Top 5 regrets of the dying

Religions have been founded on less worthy “life guidance”. I think I’ll read this before the start of every day.

chewkw
    Free Member

Bloody hell … if that’s top 5 regrets then we have no more hope.

Me! Me! Me!

BigJohn

I wish you wouldn’t stand on my oxygen pipe

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Bloody hell … if that’s top 5 regrets then we have no more hope.

Me! Me! Me!

I think you’re allowed to be selfish when you’re on your deathbed.

chewkw
    Free Member

If one is dying then die … no need to linger as that’s just making other suffer around you so all regrets are just regrets. They are all too late.

If you are in your deathbed it is better to go happy i.e. forget the past by moving on.

Oxygen pipe? What for? To prolong suffering? Can’t wait to go!

No wouldn’t stand on your oxygen pipe … 🙂

sc-xc

If you are in your deathbed it is better to go happy i.e. forget the past by moving on.

eh?

Moving on where exactly? The **** oven?

chewkw
    Free Member

sc-xc – Member

eh?

Moving on where exactly? The **** oven?

Where ever or whatever you think you are going or turn into (carbon).

🙂

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I suppose it really puts what you have done into life into perspective

sc-xc

Well if that’s the case (ie – we’re going nowhere…), then I’m gonna milk it. Going to put everyone else through my misery about being wiped out.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

They are all too late.

That’s the point of the article is it not? It might be too late for those oldies, but not for the rest of us.

spando
    Free Member

If it is true that your life flashes before your eyes when you die then its your own responsibility to have a jolly good show. Family first always, work less, play more and explore.

chewkw
    Free Member

sc-xc – Member

Well if that’s the case (ie – we’re going nowhere…), then I’m gonna milk it. Going to put everyone else through my misery about being wiped out.

Yes, last minute wind-up and I bet you will go happy. 😆

stilltortoise – Member

That’s the point of the article is it not? It might be too late for those oldies, but not for the rest of us.

If the oldies regret their past then that can only mean they have not done all the goods they were supposed to, so how do we know if we have gained their “wisdom” to avoid same mistake? We are going nowhere other then continue to regrets. Me again.

tazzymtb

unfortunately that seems to be the way society needs people to be, nice little sheeple who will conform, do as they’re told, not express dangerous individuality and be nice little steady wage slave to feed the gross consumer model.

spando
    Free Member

tazzymtb so true, it makes me sad seeing how hard people have to work just to survive.

spando
    Free Member

Although I also can’t understand the greedy people that work real hard for loads of money and are too busy making ££££ to live.

deluded
    Free Member

It’s not just about accomplishing things that maximise our individual happiness through jollies. People have got old and perished having not set wrongs right, or not tried to reconcile differences or misunderstandings.

It also follows that the living aren’t able to put matters straight having let others pass away … and then it’s all too late.

chewkw
    Free Member

How are they going to die happy without regrets if they keep thinking about all the “targets” set in life. i.e. wish I have done that, wish I have done this, wish I have … blah, blah, blah … so many wishes. A bit like those stupid targets set by your evil boss for your performance appraisal …

No wonder they regret big time on their dying beds. Too many unrealistic targets.

Set a simple targets. Achieve them. Die happy. Simple. Then let the living worry about their own targets afterwards. 🙄

mrlebowski
    Free Member

You know what? I’ll worry about it when the time comes.. 😉

chewkw
    Free Member

mrlebowski – Member

You know what? I’ll worry about it when the time comes..

LOL! You are supposed to forget when time comes … forget about what you have forgotten to do in life. Why worry at the last minute? There is no turning back. Just move on and remember the good times and die with massive grin! Or do a wind-up on everyone before you go. :mrgreen:

billyboy
    Free Member

I have to admit that I’m quite pleased I didn’t go into crusade mode and sound off everytime I thought I should have done

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I was being ironic…..

chewkw
    Free Member

Simple targets in life:

1. Take care of your parents.

2. Help someone … those that deserve.

3. Prepare your next generation … Teach them rights from wrongs.

Done! The rest are just waste of space.

Forget about the £££ billions that you should have earned … they are of no use where you are going.

🙂

Kevevs
    Free Member

they forgot to mention how irreverent the rest of the list was..
    6. never shaved a monkey.
    7. never knocked out a cow with a single punch.
    8. never flown a bee tied to a piece of cotton (bee-kite).
    9. never crashed an Ice Cream van into a police station.
    10. never built a gothic cathedral out of cheese.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

A life is lived the way it was always going to be. Accept that and be content.

samuri
    Free Member

Anyone who starts regretting anything on their death bed has cocked stuff up. All the people who die without any regrets don’t get recorded, they’re sweet. My plan is being one of those buggers.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Having regrets on your deathbed sounds like hell, no regrets could well be heaven. There’s your religion sorted out right there. 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

interesting and reassuring list.

RobHilton
    Free Member

On the basis of those 5 I’ll be dying happy.

Loved the comment:

If I were to die in the next few minutes I would regret the fact that I’ve still not gotten dressed yet, and the coroner would pronounce my time of death and everybody would know that I’d gotten past noon without getting dressed.

In my defence, I’m waiting for a parcel so have to not be in the shower when it arrives. Given the unpredicatability of our post, this means I either have to get up and dressed really early before it’s likely to arrive, or stay in my pyjamas until it arrives, which could be any time from 8am to 3pm. I went for the latter. Of course this means that the postman would know that I’m lazing about, but I don’t know my postman (I get a varied set of posties, with varied timetables) and don’t care what he thinks.

cynic-al
    Free Member

When I go, I’m so not going to regret what the postman thinks of me, or getting dressed without showering…

stilltortoise
    Free Member

No wonder they regret big time on their dying beds. Too many unrealistic targets

It’s not unrealistic to want to spend less time working and more time with your family and friends. I’m proud to say that the one thing my kids can never accuse me of is not spending time with them, he says whilst keeping fingers crossed that it will continue thus…until the teens at least 😉

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Eagles at Penmachno is for sale. Quit the 9-5 IT job and run that and turn it into a bikers place???

finbar
    Free Member

I actually dreamed that i died last night. Fairly incoherent story about getting towed behind a seaplane, but anyway i wound up sinking into the ocean. First of all i was panicking, but then i was just like “oh well” and accepted my fate. Then i woke up.

I know, cool story bro.

Rubber_Buccaneer

2. I wish I hadn’t worked so hard.

If you are sat at work reading this you can take that one off the list 🙂

DaveRambo

It’s clear to me that this list is saying to:

1. Throw a sickie – hence achieving No 2.
    2. Arrange a biking trip with mates – No 4 and 5
    3. Discuss trails on trip in pub – No 3
    4. When you get home realise you’ve done No 1.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Top 5 regrets of the dying’ is closed to new replies.