Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)
  • Tony Blair snubbed…is this why?
  • FeeFoo
    Free Member

That is indeed food for thought, but still conjecture at the moment.

I’ll leave it there as I have fundamentally different opinions to you about “walking past three kids giving one kid a good kicking and doing absolutely nothing about it”

Trite and facile example, I know, but for me gets to the crux of whether there should or should not be any intervention.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

OH in that case I would intervene and indeed I have done so.

however getting involved in the deposing of another countries leader is different and dubious.

In the case of Libya its clear to me that more people will die as a result of our intervention.

Thanks for actually thinking about the issues raised tho

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

specific non military target. Gaddaffis compound. Civilian deaths acceptable there.

Hahahahhahahahhaaha – ‘king hilarious TJ

Whats your garden look like? many concrete bunkers at the end of it – oh, and how many civilian casualties were there in his compound TJ? Any evidence of civilian casualties? camera crews everywhere but no photo’s!

The BBC team saw a lot of soldiers inside the compound and some old, light anti-aircraft guns attached to the back of trucks.

“There was a feeling that there were bunkers underground – I saw some air vents,” says one member of the BBC team.

Edukator
    Free Member

I was initially feared the intervention would be gung ho in a Bagdad sort of way. It hasn’t been and the death toll remains in hundreds rather than tens of thousands. In my opinion the death toll would have been higher without intervention.

I’m afraid I consider Gaddafi and his sons legitimate targets. They are the ones directing the military attacks on the civilian polulations of the cities that have declared independance. Any military infrastructure and arms under Gaddafi’s control are also legitimate targets as far as I’m concerned – wherever they are.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

In my opinion the death toll would have been higher without intervention.

So what was the death toll before intervention then ?

sputnik
    Free Member

So, why was Tony Blair snubbed?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

’cause he’s a git.

CHB

He was busy prepping the Seal team for Osama. (Or he’s a git.)

Torminalis
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

Feefoo – nothing Zulu says is worth responding to.

I would have thought comments like that to be beneath you. Zulu makes some very valid points and holds you squarely to account, it would help your credibility to respond to him in the same measured tone that he affords you.

FWIW I think we simply can’t afford a war and foreign interventions, justified or otherwise are a costly business.

Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)

The topic ‘Tony Blair snubbed…is this why?’ is closed to new replies.