• This topic has 36 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by oink1.
Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Today's ebay- "superb condition"
  • njee20
    Free Member

I’m guessing that gusset under the TT isn’t standard…?

maccruiskeen

Looking at their other listings – are they just digging stuff out of Planet X’s skip?

thv3
    Free Member

Is it just me, or are they trying to photograph everything except the non-drive side of the extra gusset?

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Did Vernon repair it? ❓ 🙂

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Looking at their other listings – are they just digging stuff out of Planet X’s skip?

they for some reason buy job lots off Planet-X

i did contact Planet X regarding the return of my bike and they said they did sell a load of old PX stock to ECS golf

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

To be fair they clearly state the repair.

jca

It’s been edited…it didn’t say
    ‘This frame has been professionally repaired at the junction of the seat tube and top tube’ originally.

Northwind

Boo, I done spoiled it by messaging them and telling them off 🙁

petec
    Free Member

Now here’s interesting

I’ve probably bored you all about how my large black PX RT58 had to go back last year due to blocked internal routing. Bit of a discussion with Dave, and had to send the bike back. Dave got Mark Lovatt to confirm it was blocked, and not worth repairing. In the end I got a decent Ti bike out of it, so all’s good.

Then you look at that Ebay seller – and there’s this Ebay RT58. A large black RT58 with blocked internal routing.

Surely PX wouldn’t have sold on a bike they basically told me was fit only for scrap.

Seems a bit cheap to me!

ianpv
    Free Member

I like this one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Planet-X-Pro-Carbon-XLS-Cyclocross-Touring-Frame-54cm-/361549064134?hash=item542e00e7c6:g:4lEAAOSwubRXJgF8

“There is some damage to the surface on the top tube from a dropped tool (very minor)”

It’s got a dirty great hole in it!!

bigjim

so they’re flogging their warranty returns? Amazing!

martinhutch

It’s got a dirty great hole in it!!

Should Planet X even be passing that onto them as suitable for sale?

wwaswas

Surely PX wouldn’t have sold on a bike they basically told me was fit only for scrap.

Seems a bit cheap to me!

I Think they can’t help but try and squeeze every last penny out of anything in the warehouse and hang the brand damage.

ads678

I bought one of the London Road frame sets for £150 and for the price it’s great for commuting and the small amount of road riding I do.

But seeing things likes this makes me a bit embarrassed that it says Planet X on the down tube. I might get it resprayed.

Northwind

Hah. I didn’t even mean for this to be an on one bashing thread but you know what? I’m totally happy that it now is 😆 I h8 therefore I am.

natrix
    Free Member

“There is some damage to the surface on the top tube from a dropped tool (very minor)”

It’s got a dirty great hole in it!

I can’t see any holes other than for the internal cable routing. If somebody returns a scratched frame what is so wrong in putting it up for sale??

petec
    Free Member

Back to slagging off PX…

I’ve been looking for a brooks b15 saddle; saw PX had a ‘55% off vintage’ sale, and saw an Italian made brooks style saddle for 99 quid. Almost a bargain… compared with a brooks.

Then you put ‘Salle Monte grappa Charleston’ into Google. First one to come up is PX. Where it’s 50 quid.

So they’ve doubled the price, and then put 55% off. Bleeding annoying; you just can’t trust them.

wicki
    Free Member

So are we saying escgolf is a planet x outlet ?

matt_outandabout

Or member of staff flogging the returns off, instead of putting them in skip.

andyl
    Free Member

I spotted them a few weeks ago when looking for a carbon 29er frame.

Planet x are the experts at buying in job lots of crap and now someone is buying planet x’s crap as job lots and selling that. You couldn’t make it up!

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

I was looking at their clearance sale the other day ,full of obscure brands and seemingly random items.Im not sure where they even source half of the stuff they stock.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Bankrupt stock and warehouse finds. I had a pair of their Carnac Notus road shoes – 35 quid in one of their many promos for carbon soles can’t complain. The shoes and packaging had a hint of yellowing and googling reviews shows the most recent one in US was posted in 2014 on shoes bought a year ago. Reckon mine were even older.

Some genuine bargains but elastic pricing, I picked up an Aspide saddle for 40 quid (even CRC were charging 90) went back for another one and even in their sale they’re far more expensive.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

If any brand has done a better job of devaluing itself than PX/On-One in recent years than I’d like to know! Not so long ago they were THE cool, British, value but still decent brand. But they’ve spread themselves so far over so many ‘names’, put out some very poorly designed tat, then tried to offload it like this and in TK Maxx. They’ve lost their niche, their standards, and their direction. Sad really.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

It all went wrong as soon as the bought Jimmy Saville’s bikes…

thepodge
    Free Member

They may not have standards and morals but they know how to make money

hora
    Free Member

PP for me that happened a LONG time ago.

mattyfez

Lol, what tool did they drop in it, a CNC machine? Hahaha.

vdubber67
    Free Member

On one / px warranty stuff has been on eBay previously over the years. I had an early Whippet for £100 with the mech hanger fault. Bought the metal reinforcement bit off px and it worked great. Sold on without a loss too.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

PP for me that happened a LONG time ago.

Out of curiosity, how did you come to reply to a 2 month old thread?

RustyNissanPrairie

there is no such thing as a waste bin or rubbish skip when you have an ebay account.

jabbi
    Free Member

I bought an Inbred about 10 years ago, nice frame for the money. It’s still going strong with it’s fourth or fifth owner now. However at some point in the intervening years I read an interview with Dave Loughran, where he goes on about his admiration for Mike Ashley and his business model!
    Boom, instantly at second on the list of people I won’t buy stuff off. Take a once respected brand like Titus, plaster its name over (sometimes well designed, but) cheaply manufactured tat, with no QC and sell off the back of their old reputation. No thanks.

mattbee

I bought a carbon rt58 frame from those guys on eBay. They quite clearly stated the cable routing was junk but the rest of the frame was fine. Ended up with both frame & fork from them for £119, delivered in 24hrs. Fine for me as I’m running di2 so I just drilled the cable stops and pulled the metal tube out from inside the downtube to run the wire.
    Also had a Pro Carbon frame & forks for the wife with a tiny laquer chip on the chain stay for £150.
    TBH their service was so much better I’d rather buy warranty returns from them than brand new from OO/PX!

hora
    Free Member

Bongo this topic was linked

oink1
    Free Member

Would never have happened in Brants day… (?)

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Today's ebay- "superb condition"’ is closed to new replies.