Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Today i spent the day in a classroom.
  • sharki
    Free Member

A BTCV leader course.

So now i’m certified to lead groups of conservation volunteers on tasks. Many of which will be on the 3 reserves i’ve been asked to warden.

That’s 2 years to the day since i went walkies.

As a thanks for all the comments, concerns and of course support, during and after. I give you a pic of someone else running away, but this one is running from me..

Life is good!

donsimon
    Free Member

Cool.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Awesome dude.

scunny
    Free Member

Congratulations.

When you say walkies, do you mean career change? If so, care to elaborate? I’ll never do it, but it’s nice to dream.

wrecker
    Free Member

Well done sharki.

Del

cracking pics!
    good for you mate.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Tally ho! 😉

Grand news, Sharki! Good for you.

nedrapier

Good work, well done Sharki!

sharki
    Free Member

😀

Scunny, long ole story.

Lets just say a good walk change my vision for my future.

The warden role is purely voluntary to gain experience, hopefully leading to more.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Like when Crocodile Dunndee goes walkabout

RustyMac

Grand news, Sharki!

Does this mean we are going to get even more cool pics of wildlife???

lowey

Well done mate… pleased for you.

Bunnyhop

That is good news, glad you’ve found your vocation in life.

It’s something I’d like to do.

z1ppy

Scunny.. info

Anna-B
    Free Member

Well done Sharki, really pleased for you. You’re perfect for that role!

noteeth
    Free Member

Excellent – you’re just the bloke for it, judging by your posts on here. 🙂

qwerty
    Free Member

Well done Ranger Sharki.

I was woken at 01:45 by a pair of foxes shagging outside my window this morning, my god their loud, was kinda like some kinky vouyer animal peepshow 😉

bullheart
    Free Member

Excellent stuff!

Well done mate? Bonty 24/12 in a couple of months to celebrate? 😉

sharki
    Free Member

Mark, put me on as an emergency standby as i’m busy surveying the site as the weather allows.

Qwerty. They do make a din, though unsure if they compete with hedgehogs for noises love making..;)

Rusty mac, Maybe, i take alot of images on most days and could probably put something wild on here daily. I have however, held back over the past several months as i feel sometimes i get repetitive.
    I did pop up few images of a water vole the other week, so keep ya eyes peeled.

I got a nice Nomada pic today but with around 850 species of them, i can’t yet be specific on with one it was. And i finally grabbed the orange tip image i’ve been after moments before.

Everyone else, ta muchly.

Anna. Hiya.
    Del. See ya Sunday at Combe Syd. 🙂

knottie8
    Free Member

Really pleased for you old chum .

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The warden role is purely voluntary to gain experience, hopefully leading to more.

Congratulations – well done. Hope it leads to something with some economic reward.

sharki
    Free Member

Thanks Knottie.

That’s the plan Ernie and if i get my passport in time i may get to go to Iceland for a week doing a conservation project over there.

Kunstler

That’s really good to hear Sharki. Brilliant.

A fox gave me a bit of scare many (many) years ago. It was trying to eat one my work boots that I’d left under the little caravan I was staying in as a nightwatchman for a corral of xmas trees (yes, I know). It kept swinging it around and bashing it into the caravan – thought I was under attack – from what, I didn’t know. After a while I looked out the window and saw the fox casually trotting away from my manky footwear. If I’d looked out and seen nothing remaining but a pair boots lying in the car park I don’t think I ever would have come out of the caravan.

It’s not what I do everyday (how I wish it was) but last month my job entailed me taking someone biking and hillwalking in the Cairngorms. He wasn’t quite as excited as me at out close encounters with ptarmigan though.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Great news Sharki, very chuffed for you and I always enjoy seeing your photos. Hopefully get another ride together, someday, somewhere.

Bunnyhop

I did pop up few images of a water vole the other week, so keep ya eyes peeled.

I missed that 🙁

We saw our first swallow yesterday which is early in for the Northwest, they usually fly in around the middle to end of April. Also saw our first bluebells, again a whole month early.

sharki
    Free Member

Thanks Doug and we will ride together again. Probably in Spain though if they let me leave the country..

Bunnyhop. Don’t miss out.
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/randoms-musings-and-stuff-from-moi

I hope the cold snap hasn’t killed much off up there. In fact on Weds i’m heading up into the NW somewhere so if i get time outdoors, there better be some bugs for me to photograph.

Been finding alot of there around recently, stunning things don’t you think.

And these though they don’t fancy settling on a flower for me yet..

flippinheckler
    Free Member

My eldest son and I would love to go on a guided walk in the wilds to see some wildlife, hat off to you sir!

crikey
    Free Member

Wondering how much of your kids are you seeing these days sharki, you seem to be out and about a fair bit?

sharki
    Free Member

Crikey.

The short answer is NOT at all.
    Long complicated story there and one i’m not prepared to talk about on an open forum.

Of course this will open up a debate with many questions, as is only natural given the amount of fantastic parents amongst you’ll all.

But right now, my focus is on doing whatever it takes to keep me away from those dark times, ones that could easily return if i let certain thoughts, scenarios be apart of my life.

You say i’m out and about a fair bit, what makes you think that?
    All i see and experience is all out there in the narrow margins left for nature to survive in.
    I choose to be away from general people for most of my days, choosing instead to spend time with those that understand me, relate with me, that don’t judge.

I’ve barely ridden my bike in 4 months, but average over 10miles most days walking, exploring new local places, woods, fields, streams, finding new to me plants, flowers, insects, birds.

All of which i try and photograph, then take back with me and when i can, research, id and learn them all.

For why you may ask..Because i want to know more and why and where…

Ask what you like about the places i see and what i see, i’m happy to try and enthuse more people about the little things out there, but please don’t try and get me to explain why my life cannot include my children, be a touch sensitive like.

Shane.

crikey
    Free Member

I was wondering how you fitted it together; I recall being critical a while ago and wanted to see how things had worked out.
    No worries, a simple ‘bugger off’ would have done!

sharki
    Free Member

A bugger off would’ve been just plain rude.
    I’ll try and leave that to others here.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Today i spent the day in a classroom.’ is closed to new replies.