Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Today I have built…….
  • sam_underhill

A specific area for washing my bike. It’s basically just a big soak away – a foot deep hole filled with 20mm gravel.

This way I don’t get muck all over my patio or any other area for drive when I hose the bike off after a really mucky ride. Hopefully all the mud will just wash down through the gravel.

It’s hard work digging holes and filling them in with barrows of gravel. I deserve a beer I think.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Good stuff, ideal after the many manky nightrides before the sunshine returns….

Davesport

Let’s see pictures of your dedicated bike wash facilities please 8)

mactheknife

Pics needed…..amateur 😀

Coleman
    Free Member

Well done, hope it works. But won’t a 300mm deep hole soon fill up with trail mud and stop being a soakaway!

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

So basically you’ve built a silt trap that will need cleaning out once full?

sam_underhill

Hmmm, perhaps I’ll need to modify it a little.

Perhaps a plastic tray with drain holes and a grid over the top so a thin layer of gravel can lay on top, disguising it’s utilitarian nature.

Bregante

Today I have built A specific area for washing my bike an enormous litter tray for the local cats to poo in

FTFY 🙂

sam_underhill

That’s why I went for 20mm gravel, too big for cats to use as a litter tray. They’ll much prefer the neighbour’s 10mm gravel drive.

Bregante

Damn cats must be harder where I live 👿

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

My plan is to construct a mini wet room in the garage, when I have a garage. Nothing fancy, basically a shower that’s big enough for me and the bike to get in straight from a muddy ride, shower the bike, shower me, take clothes off and put in the washing machine (also in garage), wash me again. Missus need never know…..

Something for you to aim for when your soak away thing is full of mud!

dingabell
    Free Member

Now that is genius!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Today I have built…….’ is closed to new replies.