Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • TLD A1 Helmet Sizing
  • zelak999
    Free Member

I’m after a new helmet have been looking at the TLD A1.
    I’ve just tried a XS/S size which fits really nicely apart from the sides of the helmet are really tight on my temples.
    I guess i will need to try the M/L assuming the width of the helmet is bigger than the XS/S.
    Anybody got any experience or can tell me the width of the M/L?
    No TLD dealers in my local area so i’m having to buy online and return which is a PITA for everyone!
    Cheers

nickjb
    Free Member

Can’t really compare it to a small as I’ve never tried one but I have a medium if you want me to measure something. You are welcome to try it on if you are anywhere near Bristol.

I’m normally a medium and it fits me well if that means anything.

gonzy
    Free Member

one of my friends has just received his.
    he also has a giro xen and a remedy full facer, both of which are large.
    the TLD A1 he’s ordered is M/L size (56=59cm)and is a perfect fit for his big head

lcfr
    Free Member

Got the xs/s and usually a medium with helmets, the m/l moved about a bit. The xs/s is snug, but not been a problem for me in use.

zelak999
    Free Member

Hey nickjb, would really appreciate it if you can measure the width on the medium.
    I had this same issue with a Giro Feature i tried a few years back.
    Kinda confirms i’ve just got a weird shaped head!

nickjb
    Free Member

zelak999
    Free Member

cheers nickjb!!

scruff
    Free Member

They seem very round. Mines the comfiest lid Ive ever had so if there’s pressure points I guess its not for you.

kristoff
    Free Member

I used a medium Hex and swapped to a M/L A1.. Such a comfy helmet.. Providing it works with your head shape!

hora
    Free Member

I ordered a cheep’ A1. Wanted to like it but it was felt bulky/big on my head. For me – the best bike bits are the ones that are there, do their thing and you never give them a thought.

I found the IXS Trail RS for £51 from bike-discount. It comes with a few variation/ways to fit. So you unclip the whole back strapping assembly and rotate it over one of three settings. Each one designed to sit the helmet in different places (affects visor location). Its net effect is with the combination you can manage to get the exact fit for you.

Snug and don’t know its there.

fathomer

Just for comparison, I thought the IXS was one of the most uncomfy things I’ve ever put on my head and the TLD is very much put on and forget it’s there!

Just goes to show, we all have different shaped noggins 😀

hora
    Free Member

Fathomer – possibly you didnt see the three settings clips for the plastic harnis?

fathomer

I did, it was just completely the wrong shape for my head, I was gutted as well as I really wanted to like it!

danbo
    Free Member

I also found the IXS useless for me, but the A1 was perfect

hora
    Free Member

We are weird head-shaped fools 🙂

haribojangles
    Free Member

I normally go for m/l size in helmets but found the A1 to be a bit narrow for me and the xl/xxl was huge. I bought a m/l sweet bushwhacker instead and it is really comfortable. They are normally available from cycle surgery stores or online from stif

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Just measure round your head and pick the correct size. I was 57cm so went m/l and it fits brilliantly. My only issue is the fact that at speed you get a weird vortex at your ears from the wind due to the shape.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘TLD A1 Helmet Sizing’ is closed to new replies.