Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • Titus rockstar headset question
  • bentiggerwyles
    Free Member

Just took the plunge on a Titus rockstar frame from onone and am trying to source the correct headset

I’m thinking this will fit but am I correct? The headtube appeared tapered in the images of the frame and says it needs a 44mm top to a 1.5 lower

Thanks in advance

zigzag69
    Free Member

Based on the ‘what other people bought when they bought it’ suggestions, I ordered this:

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/HSFOITA/fsa-orbit-ita-headset

I’ll let you know if it fits when DHL get around to delivering it…

bentiggerwyles
    Free Member

Thanks that’s what I saw was trying to save some cash as didn’t really want to spend out on the frame but seemed too good to pass on!

djflexure

Upper – 44mm ID integrated
    Lower – 49.something ID external

bentiggerwyles
    Free Member

Im still T a loss trying to find a headset will give onone a ring tommorow

chestrockwell

My mate just got the full carbon version and the headset from his Parkwood fit so whatever that is works.

bentiggerwyles
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice

bentiggerwyles
    Free Member

Zigzag would be great if you can let me know thanks

djflexure

Hope pick and mix works

neverownenoughbikes
    Free Member

I also bought the rock star frame, after seeing a couple of long term test reviews online with positive things to say it was a no brainer for the money.
    I wasn’t sure about the headset either so phoned today, for a tapered steerer tube the following will fit.

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/HSFSDXPT/fsa-dx-pro-tapered-headset-(acb-bearings)

£29.99 so I just got it added to the order.
    Just need to find money for forks, wheels, brakes, gears…….

neverownenoughbikes
    Free Member

Glad I pushed the button on the frame yesterday, it’s gone up a hundred quid overnight.

bentiggerwyles
    Free Member

Neverown thanks for the reply i looked at that headset and it seemed to me to be for 1 1/8 straight steerer forks? And glad you got one im looking forward to mine turning up

MrOvershoot

Well if anyone ordered a small Rockstar frame & has a large delivered I’ll do you a swap as the sent me a small when I ordered a large 🙁

otsdr
    Free Member

The bottom ID is 49.7, so the first two headsets linked won’t work (they are for 44mm).
    Top cup should be ZS44/28.6, bottom one EC49/40 for a tapered fork.

MrOvershoot

MrOvershoot – Member
    Well if anyone ordered a small Rockstar frame & has a large delivered I’ll do you a swap as the sent me a small when I ordered a large

Oh well looks like I’m out of luck as there are no Large frames left to get it swapped with 🙁 so its back to On-One for a refund.

justridemtb
    Free Member

otsdr is correct. Picked mine up from their Barnsley store and they checked the measurements and recommended Hope. Staff were surprised at the price at £299, so not surprised they’ve gone up.

wilko1999
    Free Member

Got my order in before Christmas at 299, got to be one of the cheapest new decent full suss frames I’ve ever seen. I got Onone to fit a headset prior to delivery. However having seen Mr Overshoots comments, better check that they actually delivered a large now

zigzag69
    Free Member

Ordered a Large on Xmas Day with the big discount, still bloody waiting for it and getting worried it’s not going to show. I’ve dropped them a line…

MrOvershoot

Zigzag if it’s not gone out you are probably out of luck, but given its a Yodel delivery lottery it might just be cruising round in a van?

I’m a bit miffed as its the first time in 12 years On-One/PX have dropped a clanger for me & I have already bought a pair of 120mm Rebas for it which I don’t now have a frame to fit to.

I wonder why it was discontinued? Looking on line there seems to be a lot of very similar frames from Taiwan still being made.

chestrockwell

Which frame was it for £299? Had a look but the only one showing is the full carbon for £499?

My friend got one of these well before Christmas and they only had small left then.

bentiggerwyles
    Free Member

They still have large frames with no shock in stock could they not sort out swapping the shock from the small frame to a large for you??

zigzag69
    Free Member

MrO – I selected DHL for delivery, rather than Yodel, so I’m hoping that it got stuck in a DHL hub somewhere over the New Year break. Probably dreaming…

djflexure

Just built up a small for the wife – looks fantastic and a snip at £240. Sorry for you guys who have not had such good luck with this.

bentiggerwyles
    Free Member

Im still hoping to get mine lol

granny_ring

Mr Overshoot, might be interested in the frame.
    Email in profile.

MrOvershoot

bentiggerwyles – Member

They still have large frames with no shock in stock could they not sort out swapping the shock from the small frame to a large for you??

Well that’s changed “again” last night it was there yet when I was talking to O-O this was what I suggested while on the phone they said there was only Med left with no shock & the website reflected that?

neverownenoughbikes
    Free Member

Bentiggerwyles, looking at the link to the headset now makes me think they’ve added the wrong one to my order as it does say 1.5 to 1 1/8 reducer crown race…hmm..
    Another phone call tomorrow then.

Edit: djflexure, what headset did you put into the frame?

MrOvershoot

granny_ring – Member
    Mr Overshoot, might be interested in the frame.
    Email in profile.

Sorry I’ve arranged for a refund, but with me sending it back there will be a small back in stock.

I have just had a look in my spares box and I have an almost pristine Fox RP3 that is the right size so if they still have the no shock frames in Large and won’t swap the shock over from mine its an option?

johnnystorm

I wonder why it was discontinued? Looking on line there seems to be a lot of very similar frames from Taiwan still being made.

iirc these were the last of the “proper” Oregon built Titus frames.

bentiggerwyles
    Free Member

Well spoke to onone they said my frames are in picking and should be dispatched today?
    Will wait for a confirmation of dispatch email first before beliving as have 1 large and a medium on order!

zigzag69
    Free Member

Ha ben, just did exactly the same this morning. Called them up and asked the helpful chap to check that there was still a Large for me. Order is now in picking… Fingers crossed.

djflexure

Edit: djflexure, what headset did you put into the frame?

Hope No2 (upper) and F (lower)

MrOvershoot

johnnystorm – Member
    iirc these were the last of the “proper” Oregon built Titus frames.

Ahh that answers it as the frame says made in “Portland Oregon” or something like it.

Anyway it looks like I might have sorted the problem.
    On-One are collecting the Small frame & swapping the shock over to one of the Large ones without a shock, I’m still not going to order any other build parts till I have the Large frame in my possession though 😉

bentiggerwyles
    Free Member

Well lets hope everyones frame does turn up

I have had plenty of dealings with onone and always been good to me including some warrenty bits

So heres hoping

neverownenoughbikes
    Free Member

Apparently mine is now shipped so fingers crossed! Phoned them this morning about the fsa dc pro and they said it will fit tapered forks, they must come with both crown races or something. Now to decide on forks!

bentiggerwyles
    Free Member

Good to know

zigzag69
    Free Member

That’s my order showing as shipped now too. Hopefully it’ll arrive tomorrow while wife is at work, and I can spirit it away 😳

bentiggerwyles
    Free Member

Neverown If you can let me know if it comes with both crown races I would appreciate that

zigzag69
    Free Member

Frame landed.

The http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/HSFOITA/fsa-orbit-ita-headset headset doesn’t fit, specifically the bottom cup. Top looks good though.

On One’s Smoothie bottom cup looks like it’ll fit, so that’ll be going in instead since I’ve got that sitting spare.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Titus rockstar headset question’ is closed to new replies.