Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy… anyone else been, or going, or excited?
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I read a Le Carré book many years ago – so long ago now, that I’m not even sure which one it was 😳 I have to admit I found it hard going at times.

The thing to realise about this film is that it’s not about espionage per se but that it’s about people, and the effect that paranoia and distrust has on them. Naturally, MI6 during the Cold War is a perfect atmosphere in which to demonstrate it.

If you’re expecting James Bond or Jason Bourne, you’re in for a disappointment.

philconsequence
    Free Member

but the adverts make it look so action packed deadly! 😉

i like slow burning films, wish more directors and writers had the guts to trust in an audience that has an attention span

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Tinker, tailor, soldier not a clue. Saw it last night. Confused I will be.

jackthedog
    Free Member

i like slow burning films, wish more directors and writers had the guts to trust in an audience that has an attention span

Agreed. I hope this movie enjoys sufficient success to prompt the studios to invest more in its kind.

spacemonkey

Started watching the first episode of the original last night. Bit before my time when first aired. Had no idea ‘Shelley’ was in it.

tyger
    Free Member

Just come back from watching it and sadly I was disappointed – I even fell asleep in parts – not good at all. The deafening French song at the end did a good job of getting me out of my seat and heading home!!

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy… anyone else been, or going, or excited?’ is closed to new replies.