Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • ti or carbon seatpost for comfort?
  • tang
    Free Member

New post time for the ht and I would like a bit of sting taking out. Couple of questions; Worth it? Does the hype really deliver on long rides? Carbon(syntace p6, niner rdo) or ti(van nic or poss posh from usa)?
    I’m down to one mtb atm so no budget to get a short travel fs this year, but prepared splash on a decent post.
    Saddle is spot on(spesh phenom) and the frame is not that harsh(niner mcr).

wwaswas

Love my 2 Van Nic Ti posts – really notice when I get on a bike with an alloy post.

I used carbon post on my c456 and found it quite good but not as springy as the van-nics (Although it was fatter so may have had less flex as a result).

deus

Love my Kent Eriksen post, and you can colour match your seat clamp too!

linky

mau00149
    Free Member

Would be interested to hear opinions as well as just built up my old rockehopper as a singlespeed (also run a spesh enduro) and considering a carbon post to drop a bit of weight and add a bit of comfort.

Eggbox
    Free Member

I am a fan of carbon posts and recently put an FSA one on my cross bike, it was comfy but it creaked(a lot), So much so that I could not put up with it and went back to an alloy one which is silent.

IMO the comfort of either material depends on the design and the diamater.

deus

And it’s much nicer than the carbon titec i have in another frame, flex is about the same but the Ti feels less fragile/ more abusable.

TiRed

Replaced an alloy post on my Kona Unit 29er rigid SS with an Easton EC90 and Flite Ti saddle. Raced on it and was surprised at the increased comfort. In fact it was unnerving at first. It will be staying.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Easton EC70 on all my MTB’s, very comfy.

wheelie

anyone know if these are any good?
    http://www.carboncycles.cc/?s=0&t=2&c=91&p=1067&

mboy
    Free Member

tang, which version of the phenom have you got?

If you’ve got a cromoly railed one, sell it and spend the extra and get the ti railed one. Ti railed saddle will make a lot more difference than any seatpost will quite frankly, the ti rails will flex a little bit adding comfort.

Though carbon posts can be useful for getting rid of a bit of trail buzz too.

br
    Free Member

You can definately feel the extra comfort with a carbon post, my Ti Ht was certainly springy but the post added to the comfort. And for a HT worth just running a 27.2mm (and them shim as required).

Never tried a Ti one.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Wheelie, Yes I have just bought one of those,the photos don’t do it justice, I love the slight give in Ti posts and the quality of the cc one is excellent, highly recommended..

wheelie

thanks GaVgAs……….seem like a good price at the moment!

househusband

I had an Airborne (now Van Nicholas) titanium post several years ago and I do think that it offered more flex and absorption than the Easton EC70 I have now.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘ti or carbon seatpost for comfort?’ is closed to new replies.