Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Thought I`d Nailed It !
  • stoney
    Free Member

This happened Sunday 16th. Watch what happens from 1.00 in, steeper than it looks (cameras do tend to flatten gradients) and i made the choice to try and ride it out, just after i passed Paul but the gradient took over. Just note the sheer speed i dissappear (45mph 8O)and then it went a bit wrong……. 🙄
    I have no recolection of the crash, was KO`d when i head/face planted into the hillside. It tok the other 2 roughly 20mins to get down to me and then a few mins to get my head back in oreder and then ride off the hill. Went home fist before A&E only to find later that i had a suspect fracture of C3 (neck)……But was ok in the end!

A selfy before i went to A&E

tomkerton
    Free Member

Off games for a few weeks now mate.

Glad you’re ok, I like the selfies!

chiefgrooveguru

Ouch! As usual, disappointingly slow and flat looking on camera… Epic location though. Why did they think your C3 was damaged? I found that my C2 & C3 were congenitally fused when I landed on my head last year and spent many hours worrying the A&E consultants (and getting rather bored/pained by being immobilised!)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jmatlock
    Free Member

Holy shit! That video is amazing. Heal well my friend.

stoney
    Free Member

Cos of the swelling round that area. They said that swelling can mask a fracture. From my local A&E to the main hospital (30miles) on a spinal board and neck brace/padding and remained like that for 6 hrs. The results had to be sent somewhere else for a second opinion (another hour) before they were happy. Was kept in anyway as they had`nt ruled out a cranial bleed 😯

My helmet is split in 5 places!!!

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Jeez! How far away from the bike did you end up!

thepurist

You can almost hear the “Oh Fuuuuuuuuuuu…….” echoing off the other side. Take it easy fella!

garage-dweller

Flip! At least you are (sort of) ok!

Heal well

stoney
    Free Member

I must carify that in the vid, that isnt me lying 100metres away from my bike. Thats Paul who was having his own episode of “slide away from the bike on his arse” I`m too far out of shot!

Dave (the camera man) made a Strava segment of it……His is 22:13…. mines 18secs.

stoney
    Free Member

You can almost hear the “Oh Fuuuuuuuuuuu…….”

Something like that……. 😉

On the origional vid (brfore the music) Dave says F…..g RESPECT!

Waderider
    Free Member

Irresponsible folk out of their depth by the looks of it.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Waderider – Member
    Irresponsible folk out of their depth by the looks of it.

Exactly I would let any of those 3 into the mountains without a responsible adult ever 😉

Get well soon Andy, that lip looks lit drinking my be harder, stella and a straw?

walla24
    Free Member

lol….amazing

singlecrack
    Free Member

That would have never happened if you’d been on a fat/29er/650b

Looked a fun ride though

stoney
    Free Member

Nice to hear from you Mike 🙂

I agree! Fancy trying something like that without adult supervision 😉

Yes the lip still hasnt healed properly, the inside turned into an ulsa the size of Texas and i was offered 2 straws with the first pint (the following tues night) I`m sure you can imagine the crack in the pub……We miss you! 😥

Singlecrack…….A fat bike might just have been the answer! 😆

mikewsmith
    Free Member

We only dream of snow like that and a beer in the bank…. Get graham to get the bus sorted and come over.

lowey

Missed this.

Get well soon mate. Spectacular day!

zinaru
    Free Member

ouch!! the hard packed snow/skid at the start of the descent just looks like the beginning of the march to warp factor two… and not much you can do about it. looks like a great spot to ride though.

wishing you a speedy recovery.

nick1962
    Free Member

Wrong bike clearly,you should have had one of these

stoney
    Free Member

Just a quick update…..

Allmost healed fully….Still a little “clickiness” in the neck, mid back is allmost cured as well. Been on the tt bike (which would be the wost possible for the neck….but it has been ok…..

I don`t think skis/snowboards would be any faster though….. 😉

racefaceec90

am glad you are ok.it looked fast from the video.

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

Darwin award?

warton
    Free Member

Dave (the camera man) made a Strava segment of it……His is 22:13…. mines 18secs.

every cloud…

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Thought I`d Nailed It !’ is closed to new replies.