Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • Those poncy Audi headlightS with the LED strip….
  • jam-bo

Someone I know just had to have one replaced on his RS6.

Any guesses how much?

bruneep

£2.75?

Jamie
    Free Member

£289

iDave
    Free Member

If he can afford an RS6 I don’t actually care.

roblane65
    Free Member

If he can afford an RS6 who gives a shit ? 😯 oh not quick enough.

GJP
    Free Member

£250?

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Hopefully he was having it replaced with a standard headlight that doesn’t look like something from Halfords/Max Power?

£2.50?

damn, bruneep beat me to it.

creamegg
    Free Member

considering mountain bike lights can cost up to £400-£450 i’d say a couple grand

EDIT: Im assuming you mean the whole headlight unit, not just a bulb

thegreatape
    Free Member

£2000

Loads of cars have them now though, DRL’s are the law.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

DRL’s are the law.

The law doesn’t state they have to be poncy looking though does it!

jd-boy
    Free Member

Yes they put those LED lights on the front and did not spend the money on putting an indicater on the back that you can see, its stupid small

jam-bo

£780 + vat , and that’s before you have to take the whole front end of the car off to fit the part…

Jamie
    Free Member

You could buy a bike for that.

sofatester
    Free Member

You could buy a mountain bike light for that

FTFY

iain1775
    Free Member

jd-boy – Member
    Yes they put those LED lights on the front and did not spend the money on putting an indicater on the back that you can see, its stupid small

Can’t see it because it’s never used Audi “drivers” don’t have to indicate, you just hVe to keep out their way, it’s the law

Dino
    Free Member

Bet they don’t pay that much for there big knots in there ties !
    Look at me 🙂

john_drummer
    Free Member

DRL’s are the law.

since when?

<edit> February 2011, I see, on new cars</edit>

so when will it be compulsory to retro-fit them to existing cars (other than Volvos which have had them for years)?

andyl
    Free Member

Audi headlights annoy the crap out of me. And that is before the new LED ones with added dazzle factor.

I alreally had a hatred for modern HID lights which just always seem to be blinding – even when not on full beam and Audi ones seem the worst. Maybe it is something to do with Audi light pattern but they seem to point right at eye level more than other cars lights and add the stupid chavvy LED strip with loads of piercing LED spots you have a really annoying lighting system.

One more reason to hate Audi drivers! 😈

CountZero

You do realise that on older Renault cars it needs a garage to change a blown headlight bulb, and if it’s a Xenon they charge nearly £500 because it takes over an hour to take the whole front off the car. LED’s generally don’t fail, as people on here ought to know, so the cost probably reflects that. I fail to see quite why people get their knickers in a tangle over this. Jealous, much?

Jamie
    Free Member

I am guessing CZ has an Audi.

scaredypants

some bunch of **** – Audi probably – actually advertise their cars as having lights that are ten zillion percent brighter “when dipped”. It’s like bumps in the road or oncoming traffic don’t exist in dickheadland 🙄

boblo
    Free Member

Boys, boys, it’s only a car brand. Calm down, there’s much more to get wound up about 🙂

james
    Free Member

I suppose they must think If you’ll pay the £800* ‘upgrade’ for the wavy LED strip then you’ll pay what the person you know did to have it fixed

*At least thats what my mum said they wanted for it on an A4. She opted for the normal (non christmas tree light) headlights btw

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

My old TT needed a new xenon light cluster (no DRL) and that was £1200 fitted.

Not sure they are law yet, but it is coming.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Boys, boys, it’s only a car brand. Calm down, there’s much more to get wound up about

Innit though??? FFS. 🙄

Chill out before I give you something to propperly get wound up about….

Harry_the_Spider

A bulb went on my Vectra last week.

£1.20.

For two.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha etc.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

But how much is a light cluster?

valleydaddy
    Free Member

I am so glad my Audi is going in the next week or so, I can’t stand this hatred anymore 🙁

boblo
    Free Member

I’m gonna drive mine round really fast to annoy the faux Clarkson Audi haters. I might even forget to signal some of the time…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

so when will it be compulsory to retro-fit them to existing cars

Never. You can’t retrospectively apply new construction regs to cars, or we’d have to scrap everything over 2 years old for failing the new emissions regs.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

As a result of European legislation adopted in 2008 dedicated daytime running lights (DRL) have been required on all new types of passenger cars and small delivery vans since February 2011. Trucks and buses will follow from August 2012.

There is no requirement to retro-fit DRLs to existing cars and no Europe-wide requirement for drivers of cars without dedicated daytime running lights to drive with headlights on during the day.

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/safety/daytime-running-lights.html

PJM1974
    Free Member

That’s the great thing about Audis, you don’t own them, you merely rent it for a while until the lease becomes extortionate.

I went to the Motor Show in 1998 and Audi’s stand was by invite only. Hahahahahaha!

epicyclo

valleydaddy – Member
    I am so glad my Audi is going in the next week or so, I can’t stand this hatred anymore

Get some respect on the road, get a Transit 🙂

Sandwich

I shall have to learn not to indicate before they drum me out of the ‘club’. 🙂

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

mastiles_fanylion – Member
    But how much is a light cluster?

I presumed the point being made is that when a bulb goes on some other cars you just replace a bulb yourself @ £1.50 from Halfords, not the whole unit having to be replaced by a garage/dealer @ £700-£1200.

Kato

So DRL’s are like fancy permanent sidelights eh

mrlebowski
    Free Member

What is this? A how big is my willy comp? “My lights cost la la la…less than yours/more than yours..” delete as **** appropriate..

Whom gives a monkeys jizz???

Kato

Whom gives a monkeys jizz???

You would if they were bike lights 😉

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Ahhh now thats different obviously…bike lights ARE important..

angryratio
    Free Member

Car part prices are a tad crazy… i do like the idea with the berlingo that should one of it’s old fashioned h4 bulbs go.. it’ll be a doddle to reach in and change.

If your running an shiney expensive car you can probably afford the running costs. (the berlingo is shiney, but only twice a year when i bother to wash it)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Those poncy Audi headlightS with the LED strip….’ is closed to new replies.