Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Those cheap Michelin Summer tyres on On One
  • brassneck

Anyone given them agood thrashing? Know if they'll go on tubeless?

scu98rkr
    Free Member

I have a pair of dry 2 2.3 on my rigid. I've been riding these seem fine. Obviously all the riding has been in the dry.

I have just put a pair of dry 2.0 on some wheels tubeless literrally today.

I havent riden them yet, probably will tomorrow.

I have an old pair of XC/AT 2.0 on my main bike which I love but are wearing down. I have brought a pair of XC/AT from on-one to replace these with very soon.

DezB
    Free Member

Are they Dry 2s? (I can't be bothered to look)
    They are the harshest tyre I've ever used! I'd use them for commuting on an MTB, but not much else. The old Drys were good though.

mboy
    Free Member

Got a pair of the 2.3" Dry 2's on one of my bikes, only ridden them about 4 or 5 times so far, but so far so good. They're grippy for what they are (reasonably soft compound helps there I think), roll way quicker than I was ever expecting, and they seal tubeless easier than any other non UST tyre I've ever used… When I pumped them up (with a trackpump) they inflated instantly, and even held pressure without sealant for a couple of hours! I just threw in a bit of sealant, and hey presto…

Oh, and look on the Bikeradar.com website, they got a 9/10 review on there! They're not meant to be an all conditions tyre of course, but seem surprisingly versatile given that they're marketed as a dry conditions only tyre.

TimP
    Free Member

I think they are OK. Commuting on them at the moment, but previously used them at trail centres and they are fast. Felt much faster than the high rollers they replaced, but not sure how much of that was illusion of speed as it was icy and wet (not what they were designed for!). I came off a bit more than usual but was grinning from ear to ear at the bottom. They do feel very thin so I did have them pumped up pretty tight which wouldnt have helped either.

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

The ones on-one have are the mountain dry2 tyres…same as the xc dry2 but bigger.
    Ive had a set of xc dry2 tyres on my xc hardtail since the start of last year and i love them. Sketchy though the winter but mud tyres are cheating! Excellent in the dry, fast rolling and very predictable. Oh and i have non-UST version, inflated tubeless no problem.

brassneck

That's what I wanted to hear, ta all. 🙂

neil853
    Free Member

just orderd some, need some low profile tyres for summer and Mountain mayhem (definately going to rain now however) 🙄

neil853
    Free Member

mine seem to be going down, might try and add more sealent 🙄

brassneck

Mine have been fine, as good as any other non UST tyre anyway. Bit more sealant would sort it for sure.

Seem reasonably grippy, nice big volume and they roll well – good summer treads all round. Only got about 50k on them so far but I like…

Pete
    Free Member

On my second set, now converted to tubeless, ridden around Seven Stanes and Afan with then, Excellent rolling not good in mud (but what are) love em…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Those cheap Michelin Summer tyres on On One’ is closed to new replies.