Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Those cheap £14 "Electron-ish" type plastic pedals arrived today…pics.
  • Poopscoop

One shot shows the plastic as being a bit rough.
    It really isn’t and is comparable with the Nukeproofs I own.

In-board bearing sealing looks more substantial than the NP’s too.

ALL PINS are metal and replaceable.
    Pedal has a concave shape which most seem to prefer. Bearings feel very smooth.

Bought these as spares from Chinese eBay seller after a post on here. Couple of weeks to arrive and very impressed with quality out of the box.

somouk
    Free Member

Where can you order spare pins from? Got a link to they ebay store?

breadcrumb

Interesting.

Report back after some testing please OP.

matt_outandabout

Link to your eBay source please.

Stoner
    Free Member

pins look like bog standard M3 cap heads and screws. Easy to replace.

kaiser
    Free Member

Also interested in source details pls

kayla1
    Free Member
    Rorschach
    Free Member

Ordered some off the last thread….for £14 if they are pish it’s no great loss.

sirromj

Perfect for my commute. Thanks.

They look like the Fire Eye Hot Candy pedal that fell off my bike today; which cost £22 a year and 5 months ago (short commutes 5 days a week plus extra XC).

Quite liked them, much grippier than the Wellgo CNC Platform KB002 Flat Pedals I recently wasted my money on.

demelitia
    Free Member

Body looks exactly the same as the exotic ones I’ve got, right down to the moulding marks. Axle and sealing washer looks exactly the same as the ones from wellgo b144’s. Probably all out of the same factory.

Poopscoop

Ok guys,

I got them from here, oh, price has gone down a bit now…:

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Urtal-Light-Nylon-Fiber-Bearing-Bicycle-Pedal-MTB-Mountain-Bike-Road-pedal-9-16-quot-/252789294988?varId=551793106362&txnId=2076165237015

Pins are standard size so get them from pretty much and bike shop/online.

Can’t comment on durability as I bought them purely as spares for when my Electrons fail. As did the pair before that.

As such won’t be used for some time yet.I hope! 🙂

kaiser
    Free Member

weight seems to vary between 365 and 400g pair ..seems a lot?

GeForceJunky

Not really, for comparison:
    Superstar Nano X = 435g
    DMR Vault = 410g
    Saint = 500g
    Hope F20 = 390g

demelitia
    Free Member

Supposedly the Exotic/carboncycles version is 350g.it would be interesting to see who’s actually telling the truth given they all look so similar. Or maybe the Tolerances are that loose that they really do very in weight that much!

Poopscoop

Sorry, can’t be asked to flip the picture.
    359 grams.

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

Hey Poop 2 da Scoop, how are these holding up?

Have you scratched or gouged them on anything yet? I was wondering what colour they were underneath (I’m assuming the plastic’s not coloured throughout but “painted”).

It’s just I was looking at a set in either black or white and figured I go for which ever would stay looking the best after some abuse use.

andy10011
    Free Member

Mine came today. Look decent

vinnyeh

Mine arrived today, 8 days from China. £12.50, can’t complain.

sirromj

I went for the UK stock ones too, especially as they are:

perfect for FREERIDE (FR), Extremely Free ride (EFR),

thenorthwind

Mine arrived quickly too, and also cost about £12.50. I can complain though because after about 200 miles of road riding, one looked like sirromj’s picture up there.

I was in the middle of doing the Lakes and Dales loop. I managed to do the remaining ~110 miles and 9000ft of climbing holding the body onto the spindle with my foot and occasionally being accompanied by my own rhythm section.

If I can get a refund easily I will, but not worth the hassle of returning them.

Wouldn’t trust another set for mountain biking.

Andy-R

Have you scratched or gouged them on anything yet? I was wondering what colour they were underneath (I’m assuming the plastic’s not coloured throughout but “painted”).

They’ll be the same colour all the way through, like most injection moulded items are.

thenorthwind

Update: sent seller a picture of broken pedal, seller asked for more pictures “to send to the warehouse,” (cheeky gets), I went along with it, seller offered a £9 refund (even more cheeky). I’m not going to force the issue though, £9 is more than I thought I’d get back so I’ll just take the £3.50 on the chin.

Ordered some actual Electrons from an actual bike shop.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

.for £14 if they are pish it’s no great loss.

it’s a £14 loss…

thenorthwind

Or in my case, a £3.50 loss (+ riding 100 miles with a loose pedal 😐 )

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Those cheap £14 "Electron-ish" type plastic pedals arrived today…pics.’ is closed to new replies.