Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • This is why you should wear a full face lid.
  • lardhelliwell
    Free Member

Happened to my mate in Warny yesterday,a quick trip to the hospital for a scan shows there’s nowt between his ears 🙂

Get well soon.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Asking for trouble if you are filming it. You just know somethings going to go titsup.

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

grim

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

and while a ff would help a little.. you’d still be a mess after faceplant like that regardless.

cynic-al
    Free Member

What’s the verdict…too slow?

muggomagic

That looked bloody painful. Glad he’s ok. I like the way that 2 guys went to help him into the recovery position while the other seemed more concerned with getting it all on camera!

Tom83

At least he came to a halt on that rock… Looked grim!

althepal

Could have been worse I guess.. Ouch though!

sailingneil
    Free Member

I would definately say too slow the second time! Seriously tho hope you mate is back riding soon.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Scan confirmed what we all knew! Hope he’s OK, pass on my regards! Get well soon Chay.
    Phil

jedi

yet another video with people all over the place near what the rider is doing = rider cant concentrate

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

I like how you kept filming it..good work fellas!

hugor
    Free Member

Far out!! Really long face plant. I felt every pebble!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I don’t wish to start the helmet debate, but, isn’t his helmet rather too loose?

defaultslipper
    Free Member

I think he took the meaning of nose manual a bit too literally!

Having watched someone do something similar who broke their back, and the fact your mate missed the rocks with his face I would say he has been lucky to come away with minimal injuries. Would also be worried about riding with someone who cared more about the filming?

ask1974
    Free Member

Whoops, just showed that to my wife 😳

Hope he’s OK. Nasty.

Mantastic
    Free Member

If he’d done a front flip with can can he would have been fine

Yap, helmet too loose, if you are going try the gnarr get the proper kit

MussEd
    Free Member

I’d be pissed off/strangely pleased with a mate who took that much care over the **** camera if I was lying there with a potentially broken neck….dull yin!

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

defaultslipper – Member
    Would also be worried about riding with someone who cared more about the filming?

Nonsense…seems like a couple of people are tending to his immediate needs. Too many cooks and all that….keep that camera rolling baby! Unless the camera guy is a paramedic…now that would be out of order 😀

Mantastic
    Free Member

takisawa2

Reminds me of when my mate came off on the Chase. There was a sickening “crack” (that later turned out to be his helmet doing its job). Seeing someone land full weight on their head, neck jarring to the side, hearing a crack, what looked like blood from his ears & some incoherent groaning…we were somewhat concerned for a while. 🙁

The incoherent graoning we were used to from Phil anyway. 🙂

If you read this Phil, must catch up soon mate.

OP, healing vibes to your mate.

Diane
    Free Member

Erm – if someone crashes like that I don’t think quickly putting them into recovery position is a good idea – best intentions I guess but he could have had neck injuries

gravity-slave
    Free Member

yet another video with people all over the place near what the rider is doing = rider cant concentrate

I know. You wonder how Danny Hart stayed on his bike with all those spectators distracting him! 😉

Despite the video evidence to the contrary, Chay is a very experienced racer and great rider.

beckykirk43
    Free Member

Ooof, that looks nasty 🙁
    Glad to hear it’s nothing too serious – hope he’s on the mend and back riding again soon!

alpin
    Free Member

+1 Diane…. don’t move people about if they’ve just landed on their head. and recovery position is used when the casualty isn’t conscious…

nasty fall. lucky boy.

should have ridden it a little faster, IMO.

chakaping
    Free Member

Ouch. Who needs brakes when you can use your face to slow down.

Hope he’s on the mend.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘This is why you should wear a full face lid.’ is closed to new replies.